“Not so great”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Collins
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Place looks old, rough and dirty. Rooms are ok but smell old. Bathroom is tiny and was dirty.

Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed April 21, 2011

Two basic features that make my stay comfortable are a good bed and a good shower. This hotel fails on both counts. The beds are hard as boards resulting in all in my party to wake up with aching backs and knees.
The bathroom had no venting. Not just that it wasn't working...it wasn't INSTALLED. The mold growing by the toilet gave a clue that this was a long term problem.
Normally La Quinta does a good job....this property fails miserably. I was so happy to check out and spent the next night snuggled in a soft, warm, comforting bed at a Best Western with a fully vented bathroom as a bonus.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank DogShowTravel
Reviewed March 18, 2011

The room was just fine. Everything I like was in there and worked. Nice Flat screen too. I was greeted by a friendly professional attendant and check-in was a snap.
When I rolled up to this motel, I was thinking I made a mistake. The area looked industrial and kinda run down. I walked in thinking, at least I'm getting Elite Points for staying. The parking area on the West side looked pretty vulnerable during the night time but what the heck, that's what we have insurance for right? Anyway, I ended up staying for 2 trouble free nights and will be back. Great price.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 1, 2011

check in was fast,Checked in about 5 pm, room is nice and clean, water was hot, nice flat screen tv on wall, great linens, 5 nice pillows on king bed.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank shelbymae31
Reviewed January 18, 2011

Searching travel sites, this hotel came up as the best in my price range. I usually stay in hotels just for sleeping so I really don't care what quality they are. When I walked in (no reservation) the lobby was very nice. But this may be typical for shady hotels..nice lobby, not so nice rooms. But getting to the room, it was beautiful. I got a single king room and it had a desk, a dresser, nightstands, and a recliner as well. And the TV was a large flat screen LCD, which was SO much better than the last place I stayed. I kind of didn't like the way the mirror/sink for the bathroom was outside the bathroom, but with multiple people it works great. Others can continue to get ready while someone showers. I didn't get to use any amenities, but there was an inside pool and a jacuzzi.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank swhuffman96
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I stayed here for a few weeks while looking for a place to live after moving to the area, and overall I was very pleased. My room was clean and comfortable, with a nice TV and fairly reliable and fast wireless internet, and the breakfast was good.

PROS:
- Clean carpet, shower, sink, bedding, etc.
- Lots of parking
- Good breakfast (which varies somewhat day to day)
- Free paper
- Printer in the business center
- Location is right by the interstate
- Front desk is very helpful and friendly
- Lots of pillows
- AC/heating unit functioned well
- Micro-fridge
- Price

CONS:
- The location is away from the more vibrant part of the city, so you need to drive a ways to food and activities
- Shower head is low; I’m only 5’9” and I had to duck to wash my face and hair. Also the shower would vary in both pressure and temperature
- Back door doesn’t lock

After my lengthy stay, the only things I didn’t use were the pools and hot tub; the outdoor pool was closed, the indoor pool looked clean, and the hot tub was constantly being refilled via a hose stretched across the hall.

I’ll also address some previous reviews complaints. The light in the shower is dim, but there are two lights, the one on a timer is much brighter (and is not a heat lamp). Also, the lack of elevator is not a big deal, as the hotel is only two stories. I was on the second floor and didn’t even realize there wasn’t one until I got on here and read it in a review. This is a legit gripe for some (if so, I’m sure they’d put you on the ground floor), but seriously, the vast majority of people should be able to handle the 15 steps up.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to those who don’t need to be in the heart of the city’s action.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2010

This was our second time for an extended stay here, and it was very nice. Clean rooms, plush towels, nice staff. Priced right for the Denver area. Pet area and lots of parking for trailers. Convenient to the many restaurants near the college. We will continue to stop here on our many road trips through Colorado.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business