“I second...never again!”

Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
iowa
“I second...never again!”
Reviewed July 26, 2007

Wow, I'm guessing the pictures of the rooms on this website must have been taken at least 10 years ago! It sure looks nothing like that now! We had booked our stay for 3 nights...After the first night we were out of there! Our room was located outside, and the security doors were still unlocked. The room was in dire need of updates. One side of our bed was lumpy, the other side too soft. There was a huge stain on the ceiling, and the bathroom didn't look like it had ever been disinfected. Inside the hotel was horribly hot and uncomfortable, due to the fact that the individual room's airconditioners was blowing out hot air into the halls. The pool although it was huge, was green, and murkey. They did offer a free decent breakfast, if you are willing to wait 45 min sweating your butt off because the air conditioning doesn't seem to be working. When we voiced our complaints to the staff at the front desk when we cancelled our reservations for the rest of our stay, they basically agreed that the place was a dump.

Stayed July 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tucson
Reviewed March 21, 2007

I stayed at the Ramada in Ft. Collins last night. To call this place a pigsty would be an insult to pork. Literally, it stinks. The room was located in the back wing, where the hotel security door did not close or securely fasten. Hello--building code inspectors? So anyone could walk right into the back entrance onto any floor, anytime--no security whatsoever. Incidentally, the open door allowed the stench of a nearby drainage ditch (apparently with raw cattle sewage runnoff) to waft through the hotel hallways. Nice. The carpets are dirty and torn in many places. The central area of the hotel, where the pool is located, was so poorly lit that it was unsafe to walk around after dark--yes, inside the hotel. The hot tub water was murky and gross. Even the guest laundry facility, one washer and dryer, had garbage strewn about the floor. Disgusting! Also, the towels were old, dingy and stained. There are many other hotels in Ft. Collins--trust me on this, you DO NOT want to spend your money at this dump, no matter how economical it may seem.

• Stayed March 2007
3 Thank tortolita

Travelers are raving about these Fort Collins hotels

Orlando, FL
Reviewed March 19, 2007

This place is a real bargain, at least when booked through [----]
...clean, comfortable rooms, friendly service, EXCELLENT pool area, billiards and video games, and a decent breakfast included with your stay. The building is a bit older and some of the corridors are a bit worn and show their age, but the rooms, including the fixtures and air conditioner, were in great condition. Pleasantly surprised by all the amenities for the price. Definitely great for families but a good, cheap option for business travelers as well.

The location is very convenient right by I-25, just minutes from the airport, and a short drive to Old Town and Horsetooth Reservoir. Would definitely stay there again and plan to on our next trip to Ft. Collins.

Stayed March 2007
Cheyenne, Wy
Reviewed March 9, 2007

On March 7th, 2007, I arrived at the Ramada Inn in Fort Collins and had problems right off the bat. Initially, the lost my online reservation and had to spend 15 minutes creating a new one. My first room assigned to me was on the exterior of the hotel, which was what I had requested. My wife and I went to the room and tried to open it using the key. The green light came on but I could not open the door.
The entire door lock was moving around in the door, completely unsafe, but the door would not open. I went around the hotel and back up to the desk. They told me it should open and gave me a different key. I went back and tried this key, it wouldnt work either. I went back to the desk and told them I wanted a different room. I didnt feel safe in that room. Once I was assigned another room, I drove around the hotel where my entrance would be. The first thing that I noticed was the trash everywhere along with cigarette butts. It looked as if no one had cleaned in the past 2 years. Upon entering the hotel you noticed the stains all over the carpet and the strong smell of smoke. The elevators are a safety hazard that feel like that are going to fall down the shaft. The entire hotel is long over due on maintenance. You can see where the handyman tossed screws in the elevator button cover to make it stay on. The entire hotel is in shambles. My room wasn't in bad condition but I did have to pay a $25 pet deposit even though there were stains all over my floor (Room 465). The numbers on all of the rooms are missing and someone has written them on with a marker. My wife and I decided to go swimming. The pool was at least 40 degrees. Completely unsuitable for guests to be in. There were lights from the pool laying on the side of the pool, but no lights in the pool itself. The whirlpool was the size of a bathtub and there was hair floating in it. I wanted to order a pay-per-view movie but "they were sold out." This was the first time I have heard of a PPV movie being sold out. I called the front desk and told them. The gentleman said he would call the company and get back to me, but never did. I had to call him. He said that the charge wouldn't show up on my bill. I couldn't wait to checkout in the morning and get to the other hotel I had reserved the night before. Instead of feeling relaxed and refreshed I felt dirty, tired, and angry that I had just spent money on the hotel. When I went to checkout in the morning the guy "had no clue" about the movie charge, though they ended up taking it off. This hotel has given the entire RAMADA INN chain a bad image and I will never stay at another Ramada Inn again. The management at this hotel should be ashamed.

I'm never one to complain but I have submitted a complaint with the hotel and the BBB.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank godfrey90sf
near Chattanooga, TN
Reviewed March 1, 2007

StayedFeb. 2007 for 2 nites. Pleasant enough, bed was comfortable..and it was quiet. Inexpensive and an excellent buffet breakfast was included. It was very cold outside and thee room was quite comfortable. TV recetion was fine, even with an older TV set. It was an older hotel, a bit worn, but with a good bar and very pleasant front desk help. Certainly not home, but an excellent return for the price.Nearby are a few newer restaurants also.

• Liked — bar, breakfast,location.price
  • Disliked — lacks a NEW look, a bit worn and dated
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled solo
Colorado
Reviewed October 27, 2006

An accomodating facility that is not wearing well. Having read several recent reviews, I felt the need come to the defense: Folks, you just don't get a 5-star motel at these prices.

Our youth hockey team has been adequately satisfied with the ameneties and cooperative staff to overlook the worn conditions for three years now. Keeping active youngsters safely occupied while their parents relax nearby is a great asset. We expect to find ourselves in our perrenial "home in Ft. Collins' again in 2007.

• Liked — Group friendly
  • Disliked — Worn carpets
  • Tips/Secrets — Be prepared for a wait at the desk
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank CudBeWors
Fort Collins
Reviewed July 30, 2006

Ramada Ft.Collins Colorado. 3836 E.Mulberry Street.

This place of lodging has a resturant of sorts. Sunday Buffet
cost $14.41 for two eating. Only scrambled eggs,bisquits,gravy,
potatoes,pancakes,available for this price.NO MEAT.
Lack of service equaled quality of food. Food handlers wore no
hair covering nor did they wear plastic gloves.
Customers were permitted to go barefoot in the resturant.

Only two resturant employees could talk english,cashier and
manager.
I would never stay or eat in this establishment again and I
live here.

• Liked — NO BEST TO ADDRESS
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Tips/Secrets — STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL