“Great hotel, well worth the money”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed March 19, 2007

This place is a real bargain, at least when booked through [----]
...clean, comfortable rooms, friendly service, EXCELLENT pool area, billiards and video games, and a decent breakfast included with your stay. The building is a bit older and some of the corridors are a bit worn and show their age, but the rooms, including the fixtures and air conditioner, were in great condition. Pleasantly surprised by all the amenities for the price. Definitely great for families but a good, cheap option for business travelers as well.

The location is very convenient right by I-25, just minutes from the airport, and a short drive to Old Town and Horsetooth Reservoir. Would definitely stay there again and plan to on our next trip to Ft. Collins.

Stayed: March 2007

Reviewed March 9, 2007

On March 7th, 2007, I arrived at the Ramada Inn in Fort Collins and had problems right off the bat. Initially, the lost my online reservation and had to spend 15 minutes creating a new one. My first room assigned to me was on the exterior of the hotel, which was what I had requested. My wife and I went to the room and tried to open it using the key. The green light came on but I could not open the door.
The entire door lock was moving around in the door, completely unsafe, but the door would not open. I went around the hotel and back up to the desk. They told me it should open and gave me a different key. I went back and tried this key, it wouldnt work either. I went back to the desk and told them I wanted a different room. I didnt feel safe in that room. Once I was assigned another room, I drove around the hotel where my entrance would be. The first thing that I noticed was the trash everywhere along with cigarette butts. It looked as if no one had cleaned in the past 2 years. Upon entering the hotel you noticed the stains all over the carpet and the strong smell of smoke. The elevators are a safety hazard that feel like that are going to fall down the shaft. The entire hotel is long over due on maintenance. You can see where the handyman tossed screws in the elevator button cover to make it stay on. The entire hotel is in shambles. My room wasn't in bad condition but I did have to pay a $25 pet deposit even though there were stains all over my floor (Room 465). The numbers on all of the rooms are missing and someone has written them on with a marker. My wife and I decided to go swimming. The pool was at least 40 degrees. Completely unsuitable for guests to be in. There were lights from the pool laying on the side of the pool, but no lights in the pool itself. The whirlpool was the size of a bathtub and there was hair floating in it. I wanted to order a pay-per-view movie but "they were sold out." This was the first time I have heard of a PPV movie being sold out. I called the front desk and told them. The gentleman said he would call the company and get back to me, but never did. I had to call him. He said that the charge wouldn't show up on my bill. I couldn't wait to checkout in the morning and get to the other hotel I had reserved the night before. Instead of feeling relaxed and refreshed I felt dirty, tired, and angry that I had just spent money on the hotel. When I went to checkout in the morning the guy "had no clue" about the movie charge, though they ended up taking it off. This hotel has given the entire RAMADA INN chain a bad image and I will never stay at another Ramada Inn again. The management at this hotel should be ashamed.

I'm never one to complain but I have submitted a complaint with the hotel and the BBB.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank godfrey90sf
Reviewed March 1, 2007

StayedFeb. 2007 for 2 nites. Pleasant enough, bed was comfortable..and it was quiet. Inexpensive and an excellent buffet breakfast was included. It was very cold outside and thee room was quite comfortable. TV recetion was fine, even with an older TV set. It was an older hotel, a bit worn, but with a good bar and very pleasant front desk help. Certainly not home, but an excellent return for the price.Nearby are a few newer restaurants also.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 27, 2006

An accomodating facility that is not wearing well. Having read several recent reviews, I felt the need come to the defense: Folks, you just don't get a 5-star motel at these prices.

Our youth hockey team has been adequately satisfied with the ameneties and cooperative staff to overlook the worn conditions for three years now. Keeping active youngsters safely occupied while their parents relax nearby is a great asset. We expect to find ourselves in our perrenial "home in Ft. Collins' again in 2007.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank CudBeWors
Reviewed July 30, 2006

Ramada Ft.Collins Colorado. 3836 E.Mulberry Street.

This place of lodging has a resturant of sorts. Sunday Buffet
cost $14.41 for two eating. Only scrambled eggs,bisquits,gravy,
potatoes,pancakes,available for this price.NO MEAT.
Lack of service equaled quality of food. Food handlers wore no
hair covering nor did they wear plastic gloves.
Customers were permitted to go barefoot in the resturant.

Only two resturant employees could talk english,cashier and
manager.
I would never stay or eat in this establishment again and I
live here.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank RAMADA-NOWAY
Reviewed February 24, 2006

This hotel has seen better days!-- A long, long, long, time ago -- when it used to be a Holiday Inn. We stayed there then (about 7 years ago) and it was showing signs of age and wear & tear then.
The sliding glass doors to the outside did not lock and the "safety bar" was broken. The sink in the bathroom was chipped up and rusted. The drawers on the furniture did not close all the way. The carpet is old and grungy, so were the beds. We stayed there two nights and the room never was cleaned the second day. When I went down to the front desk to get clean towels, there was a big dog swimming around in the indoor pool.
This place is a dump.

• Stayed: January 2006
11  Thank CKennedy1
Reviewed June 27, 2005

My 13 year old daughter refered to the hotel as the ghetto, and that is an accurate discription. We checked in on Friday, and the place didn't seem that bad. Yes, it was a bit run down, but we could see where they had tried fixing and covering some of the problems. The room was tiny, but did have all the ammenities promised. The trouble started in the evening with the beer party in the parking lot. Our room, which was an outside entrance, didn't close very well and someone tried to push it open in the night. When I called the desk, I didn't get an answer. Which is also what happened when we requested an extra pillow. (Two of the pillows were ripped and most of the stuffing was out). The next evening we returned to our room to have a drunk man hanging over the railing in front of our room yelling at several skateboarders in the parking lot. This was the last straw for me. When I went to the front desk to check out, it was vacant, and no one returned for 10 minutes. I finally left a note with my room keys and headed out. We travel to Fort Collins several times a year and my suggestion is to try for lodging in the southern part of the city(Harmony Rd)and stay out of this area and hotel.

• Stayed: June 2005