“Do Not Book A Room Here!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Kentucky
“Do Not Book A Room Here!”
Reviewed September 27, 2009

My husband and I booked a room here because it was near daughter and new grand daughters home. This place is a wreck and needs condemed! The ceiling is falling in in area's, the elevator did not work and our room was on the fouth floor. The carpet in our room was shredded in places, and the room itself did not look as if it had been cleaned. We unfortunately didnt arrive until the late hours so we decieded to go ahead and spend a night here and hunt for another place in the morning. We ran over to daughters to see her and baby...and when we came back our room had been cleaned out! The maid service took our personal items we left in bathroom including night gown, our tooth brushes, paste, my contact lens, cleaner, shampoos and condidtioner..all of my husbands shaving gear! We complained to management and they told us they would check into it, we did get back my nightgown and one toothbrush (after telling them we were calling police). If you value your heath and belongings ..do not stay here! WE immediately checked out..and were still required to pay 1/2 of the stay we had booked.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KentuckyTreebee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Lawrence, KS
Reviewed September 24, 2009

If you like staying at filthy rundown hotels, chose this one. Peeling wallpaper, dirty, dingy, nasty. Our first room had the door number put on with a majic marker. Second one was slightly better but still rundown.
The reason we went here was they had a huge sign that said 59.00 special, when we checked in the girl said 71.00. When asked why it was so much she said we asked for the AAA discount, otherwise she would have given us the special!
Next morning the parking lot was covered with beer cans, boxes and trash from the hotel bar. Numerous hotel employees walked right by the trash but none stopped to pick it up.

I wouldn't ever stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank r1wigs

Travelers are raving about these Fort Collins hotels

Denver, co
Reviewed September 9, 2009

This is a warning to anyone thinking about booking a reservation of any length of stay at the Ramada Inn, Fort Collins, Colorado. I suggest you thoroughly read the costumer reviews posted by past hotels.com guests, and this review before committing to this property.

My story: I began to regret my hotels.com selection the moment I walked into the Ramada Inn, Fort Collins. It started with a less then welcomed check-in. The front desk staff was less then friendly, unwelcoming, and seemed disgruntled. Prior to my arrival I personally contacted an on-site reservation manager, requesting an in room refrigerator or equal service for the storage of medication. I was told that they had rooms that would meet my request and this would be handled prior to my arrival. Needless to say this request was not only not fulfilled, but was again promised would be met or solved within hours of checking in, yet was never addressed again & ignored servile times. This was just the start of the horrible customer service I received at the Ramada Inn, Ft. Collins, CO.

Upon entering the assigned room I knew they had not honored the request I distinctly made for a NON-smoking room. But this was the lest of the issues I had with this room. In addition to be overwhelmed with the nasty stench of stagnant smoke, it was filthy, and the noise from the interstate was defining.

I returned to the front desk and shared my concerns with the Ramada Inn night manager. He told me he would be happy to assign another room, and did just that. It was the room directly next door to the originally assigned room. It was only after I had agreed to the change, and discovered that this room as indeed worse off then the previously assigned room that I inquired about a specific room location change, when I returned to the front desk.

I was informed that the Ramada Inn, Fort Collins, CO would not be able to upgrade, change, or cancel my reservation because it had been booked using Hotels.com. Needless to say I was less then pleased with this information and very disappointed in the staff from the moment I arrived at the Ramada Inn, Ft. Collins, CO. Not only was I upset with the accommodations, I was now either going to have to endure the 3 long days of discomfort or forfeit the monies should I decide not to complete or cancel my reservation booked via Hotels.com.

Struggling, I left the Ramada Inn, Fort Collins property to make my decision. Frustrated I found my reservation information and called the Hotels.com [--] customer service number. I must admit I was pleasantly surprised, and shocked at the fact that not only was I able to contact hotels.com at this time of night, my call was quickly and effectively handled with a live person.

I spoke with a customer service agent with Hotels.com and explained my current situation and issues with the reservation I had booked using Hotels.com regarding my stay at the Ramada Inn, 3836 E Mulberry Street, Fort Collins, Colorado 80524. The agent sympathized and listened to my entire concerned regarding the accommodations I had booked using Hotels.com, and was eager to assist in helping remedy the situation.

The Hotels.com agent contacted the Ramada Inn, Ft Collins reservation desk directly on my behalf, while I was on the phone, and requested they offer my reservation the option to upgrade my room if I agreed to pay the balance. Faced with the choice of either spending the next 3 nights in a filthy dirty room or pay fork over the upgrade cost, which was the equivalent of more then an additional nights stay, I opted to upgrade. Also given the fact I was told that I would not be able to upgrade, cancel, or make any changes to my reservation, because the reservation was booked via Hotels.com, I was somewhat satisfied with service I received from Hotels.com to help remedy the situation.

Hotel Guest Review: The lobby was dark and safely light , and I heard a few female guests comment that they didn't feel safe walking from the lobby to their room. The age of the property was very visible, the aesthetics lacked a clean feeling, the window treatments were dirty and didn't function, interior felt abused and neglected.

Daily service was almost none existent. My personal experience regarding room services was exceptionally poor. My room was vacant from 7:30 am - 4:30 pm each day. I returned each day around 5 PM to find my room untouched by housekeeping staff. I had to request for housekeeping service, and even then my simple requests, like clean sheets, were ignored completely.

The staff was overall unfriendly, rude, and clearly not invested in any aspect of hospitality management. I did however manage to have multiple positive interactions with one Ramada Inn employee, Cole, in the bar area. Cole was friendly, personable, informative, and a complete joy. Just in the limited interaction I did have with her during my stay, I was very impressed. She handled one situation in particular, involving two guests, with the utmost class. I was very impressed with this one individual, and would suggest the Ramada employ more people like Cole.

Summary: Unless the Ramada Inn, Ft. Collins undergoes a major face lift from staff improvements, to room renovations, think MORE then twice before booking this location. If nothing else find a nice campsite and pitch a tent, at lest you know it will be clean!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank jasonbjacobs
canon city
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Our experience was horrible. I was afraid to allow our grandchildren in the pool. It was filthy!! The curtains were full of holes,the blankets and sheets were torn, the shower curtain was stuck to the tub with mold, the breakfast area was just as dirty and the high chairs had not been wiped down in months.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank trees36
Wyoming
Reviewed August 5, 2009

We have been staying at this hotel for years and have never seen it in such bad shape. As the other reviews online state - do not stay here. I wish I had read the reviews before staying. This was my final time of staying in this hotel.

Luckily, we paid less than planned, due to Manager's Special during Sturgis Week. The trouble we had still didn't make it worth the price.

The carpet is the same carpet from 20 years ago - it is dirty, nasty and certainly not vacuumed. During our visit, we never saw any cleaning staff .... that seems odd for such a large hotel. As well, the tub had no drain plug.

At 10:30 at night, we got locked out of our room due to dead batteries in the card reader. After multiple trips (and 30 minutes later) to the front desk from the other side of the hotel, we finally got into the room only to discover we had no power on the TV wall. That meant no working light or TV. So, at 11 pm we moved to another room. Fun!

The new room was not much better - the entry door looked as if someone had tried to break in (probably another problem with card readers!). And the bathroom door was falling apart, literally. Both sides of the door were pulling away from the frame! Not something I would expect from a hotel with the Ramada name.

The next morning, our complimentary breakfast was unsatisfactory. The eggs and hash browns were COLD, and there were no clean tables to sit at and the counters were dirty. Thank goodness it was Free.

I definitely will find somewhere else to stay the next time we are in Fort Collins!

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank Sunshyne_rust
Norway
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I still think I dreamed when I think back on this stay. Being a seasoned traveler alle over the world, staying at hotels 80-100 nights a year, I have otherwise never complained, having humble requirements. But this? The heater didn`t work, I was called in the middle of the night to come down to pay, there was only cold water in a cold and filthy room, the owner sweared and yelled at me when I spoke about what was unsatisfactory.
nevr again!

• Stayed February 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank skyburial2
Nebraska
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We stayed here in the hopes of having a nice experience at the beginning of our vacation. Our son is an avid runner and we were very disappointed to find NO exercise room as were pictured on the web--in fact it was nowhere to be found. There were broken lamps in the lobby and the room with cut electrical cords. The elevator was questionable but when we used the stairs, there was an awful stench and it was filthy. The breakfast was filling if you could keep it down (rather rubbery and tasteless), and there were not enough dishes, bowls or silverware. We noted mop strings around furniture legs in the lobby and dirty cabinets in the eating area. We are now very leary about any Ramada Inn thanks to this experience.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family