New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

and 1 more site!
Rodeway Inn
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Denver, Colorado
“Worst than the Bates Motel....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Checked in and out in 90 minutes. The rooms were filthy. I needed phone service and changed rooms three times to try to get one with a working phone. The first two rooms, they were both dead. Then they moved me to the 3rd room and there wasn't even a phone! The couch was stained with grease, the wall paper was pealing off and it wreaked of cigarettes, and was supposed to be a non smoking room. Oh, and only one light fixture worked. The restaurant was non operational, and has been closed for,months. The elevator was marred with graffiti, and lurched downward when the doors closed. BE AFRAID...VERY AFRAID. DON'T STAY HERE!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank mkadovitz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Whitewater, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I went to a job and needed a place to stay for 14 weeks. I chose this one for price. I was told how good the rooms were and all the extras, a bunch of lies. I never got wi-fi in my room and only got excuses. I had to go to the pool to get a signal. The door lock didn't work properly. The light switch was broken. The microwave was missing the rollers under the turntable plate. The heat was so noisy, when it came on in middle of night, I woke up grabbed my sidearm thinking someone was trying to break in. Their hot tub was cold, the kiddie pool was warmer. The fridge barely kept items cool. The TV was bought from a thrift store for $2.99. It still had the price tag on it and volume didn't work right. This joint is in the Ramada chain and I expected much better. They are an insult to the Ramada name. It costs $50 a week more but I am now staying next door at Motel Six and getting everything I was told I would have with no plans of leaving.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank Earl C

Travelers are raving about these Fort Collins hotels

Robinson,Ks
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night so we could take our son to Chuck E Cheese the next day to celebrate his birthday. My husband assured me a coworker of his had stayed here and it was nice. We were given a non smoking (which is what we wanted) lower level room, however, the full glass sliding door did not open correctly(my husband had a difficult time opening and closing it), there were partial fly traps hanging from screws in the ceiling, it felt unclean when we walked in, and there were people out on the balcony across the way having a "mosh pit" while jamming to their phone and what appeared to be smoking dope. Needless to say I didn't sleep well, I didn't like a glass door facing the parking lot and how unsafe I felt with my small children. The house keeper was knocking at the door by 9am and of course did not speak any English! My husband will never hear the end of choosing this place!!!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank KellyPendleton
Port Charlotte, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This place is going to be turned in to the BBB. No one should be staying here. Not safe and very very drity. No fire alarm, no bar no restaurant, no clean pool, no clean hot tub, no clean room, wallpapers fulling off, no coffy maker, no iron, torn towls, mold rugs bathrooms, bugs, needles, pot smell, DONT STAY!

Room Tip: None dont stay run
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 Thank mathewson41
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Terribly dirty and appeared unsafe for guest accommodations. This hotel must have been a great hotel in its day, however, today it’s in quite a mess. My husband and I arrived very late and just needed a place to get some sleep before starting a long road trip. The Plaza has a great location, just off I-25 and the staff was friendly, but that where the niceties conclude. Our room was around the backside of the hotel, we parked and the first thing I noticed was that the parking lot was full of litter and very dark. Once into the hotel the hallway was not lit well either, until it opened to the plaza area that held a pool and gathering area. This area was lit very brightly and our room was facing in toward the pool.

The room smelt heavily of smoke, though the hotel claimed to be smoke free. We soon discovered that the curtain rod would not allow the curtains to close completely and left a large gap in which the light from the pool area streamed through. We asked for a new room, which the staff happily obliged and reprogrammed our door keys to a different room. Finding this room, we attempted to enter and the door key wouldn’t work. Again, we revisited the front and he gave us new keys and a new room number.

We were able to access this new room, but again it smelt heavily of smoke. Upon inspecting the room, it was dirty (perhaps not cleaned from the night before), there were pieces of the carpet missing, the bathroom ceiling appeared to be collapsing and smelt profoundly of mildew.

By the time we were finally in our room, it was just after 12am. The staff opened the pool area for a family with children, though the pool was supposed to close at 10pm.

I would not recommend this hotel, not even if you just needed to sleep for a few hours. Bad, terrible experience. Supposedly, there was a continental breakfast, but we did not stay long enough to check it out (for obvious reasons).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kbdare
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The worst place in the world I was afraid to go to sleep it stunk and there were needles laying in the parking lot outside crazy looking people everywhere. Do not stay! Keep driving even across mulberry there are much nicer hotels

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank kraftygir1
Dayton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had a coupon for $39.99 for a single. If you have to pay more than that - do not stay here. Kinda sad ... This was a grand Hotel back in the 1970's but has slowly deteriorated over the years to a homeless shelter of sorts .... Sad because there is a grand indoor pool and soaring atrium courtyard. Room was o.k. Most of the ' guests ' are scary looking. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business