New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Robinson,Ks
“Do NOT stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night so we could take our son to Chuck E Cheese the next day to celebrate his birthday. My husband assured me a coworker of his had stayed here and it was nice. We were given a non smoking (which is what we wanted) lower level room, however, the full glass sliding door did not open correctly(my husband had a difficult time opening and closing it), there were partial fly traps hanging from screws in the ceiling, it felt unclean when we walked in, and there were people out on the balcony across the way having a "mosh pit" while jamming to their phone and what appeared to be smoking dope. Needless to say I didn't sleep well, I didn't like a glass door facing the parking lot and how unsafe I felt with my small children. The house keeper was knocking at the door by 9am and of course did not speak any English! My husband will never hear the end of choosing this place!!!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank KellyPendleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Port Charlotte, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This place is going to be turned in to the BBB. No one should be staying here. Not safe and very very drity. No fire alarm, no bar no restaurant, no clean pool, no clean hot tub, no clean room, wallpapers fulling off, no coffy maker, no iron, torn towls, mold rugs bathrooms, bugs, needles, pot smell, DONT STAY!

Room Tip: None dont stay run
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
3 Thank mathewson41

Travelers are raving about these Fort Collins hotels

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Terribly dirty and appeared unsafe for guest accommodations. This hotel must have been a great hotel in its day, however, today it’s in quite a mess. My husband and I arrived very late and just needed a place to get some sleep before starting a long road trip. The Plaza has a great location, just off I-25 and the staff was friendly, but that where the niceties conclude. Our room was around the backside of the hotel, we parked and the first thing I noticed was that the parking lot was full of litter and very dark. Once into the hotel the hallway was not lit well either, until it opened to the plaza area that held a pool and gathering area. This area was lit very brightly and our room was facing in toward the pool.

The room smelt heavily of smoke, though the hotel claimed to be smoke free. We soon discovered that the curtain rod would not allow the curtains to close completely and left a large gap in which the light from the pool area streamed through. We asked for a new room, which the staff happily obliged and reprogrammed our door keys to a different room. Finding this room, we attempted to enter and the door key wouldn’t work. Again, we revisited the front and he gave us new keys and a new room number.

We were able to access this new room, but again it smelt heavily of smoke. Upon inspecting the room, it was dirty (perhaps not cleaned from the night before), there were pieces of the carpet missing, the bathroom ceiling appeared to be collapsing and smelt profoundly of mildew.

By the time we were finally in our room, it was just after 12am. The staff opened the pool area for a family with children, though the pool was supposed to close at 10pm.

I would not recommend this hotel, not even if you just needed to sleep for a few hours. Bad, terrible experience. Supposedly, there was a continental breakfast, but we did not stay long enough to check it out (for obvious reasons).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kbdare
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The worst place in the world I was afraid to go to sleep it stunk and there were needles laying in the parking lot outside crazy looking people everywhere. Do not stay! Keep driving even across mulberry there are much nicer hotels

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank kraftygir1
Dayton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had a coupon for $39.99 for a single. If you have to pay more than that - do not stay here. Kinda sad ... This was a grand Hotel back in the 1970's but has slowly deteriorated over the years to a homeless shelter of sorts .... Sad because there is a grand indoor pool and soaring atrium courtyard. Room was o.k. Most of the ' guests ' are scary looking. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank CountryRoadsScholar
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times and as the years have passed it keeps getting worse. The ad states that there is a pool and bar. The pool smells musty and is disgusting. It states that the pool closes at 10pm but it doesn't. The bar is closed.....not for renovations, but forever(as stated by the employee). There was no fridge in the room. The phone did not work (even to call the front desk). There is no working ice machine. There was mold on the ceilings and spit on the walls. The towels for the bathroom were torn and stained. The carpet is just plain nasty (I couldn't even walk with no shoes on). There is no coffee machine in the rooms. The door didn't even close unless you slammed it (waking up everybody in the other rooms). You are supposed to have a key entrance to the inside of the hotel, but the doors did not lock at all. The parking was full of broken TV's and old mattresses. They charged me $70.00 for one night and I would have been better off sleeping in my car. I would not recommend anyone stay here. There was people all over and parties in every room. They didn't even have a breakfast. Although, they did have a "game room" it was full of old desk chairs and trash. This place should be shut down, period. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ginger L
Salem, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I booked my son a room here while he was visiting Colorado State. It had decent reviews on another site; but I should have checked here. The comments on Tripadvisor apparently are true. He said the room was filthy. There was essentially no one staying in the hotel; his room was alone down a dark hall. He said that even crack addicts and prostitutes would feel a bit vulnerable and uncomfortable. I paid for three nights, but was very happy to throw it away to keep him out of there. He found another hotel (you will find it well above this one on the Tripadvisor list)

Room Tip: Find one in a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#19 of 31 in Fort Collins
4.0 of 5 stars 134 reviews

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!