WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Kansas City, Missouri
“Method Head Paradise”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

The worst place in the world I was afraid to go to sleep it stunk and there were needles laying in the parking lot outside crazy looking people everywhere. Do not stay! Keep driving even across mulberry there are much nicer hotels

• Stayed March 2014
3 Thank kraftygir1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Dayton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had a coupon for $39.99 for a single. If you have to pay more than that - do not stay here. Kinda sad ... This was a grand Hotel back in the 1970's but has slowly deteriorated over the years to a homeless shelter of sorts .... Sad because there is a grand indoor pool and soaring atrium courtyard. Room was o.k. Most of the ' guests ' are scary looking. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank CountryRoadsScholar
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times and as the years have passed it keeps getting worse. The ad states that there is a pool and bar. The pool smells musty and is disgusting. It states that the pool closes at 10pm but it doesn't. The bar is closed.....not for renovations, but forever(as stated by the employee). There was no fridge in the room. The phone did not work (even to call the front desk). There is no working ice machine. There was mold on the ceilings and spit on the walls. The towels for the bathroom were torn and stained. The carpet is just plain nasty (I couldn't even walk with no shoes on). There is no coffee machine in the rooms. The door didn't even close unless you slammed it (waking up everybody in the other rooms). You are supposed to have a key entrance to the inside of the hotel, but the doors did not lock at all. The parking was full of broken TV's and old mattresses. They charged me $70.00 for one night and I would have been better off sleeping in my car. I would not recommend anyone stay here. There was people all over and parties in every room. They didn't even have a breakfast. Although, they did have a "game room" it was full of old desk chairs and trash. This place should be shut down, period. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ginger L

Travelers are raving about these Fort Collins hotels

Salem, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

I booked my son a room here while he was visiting Colorado State. It had decent reviews on another site; but I should have checked here. The comments on Tripadvisor apparently are true. He said the room was filthy. There was essentially no one staying in the hotel; his room was alone down a dark hall. He said that even crack addicts and prostitutes would feel a bit vulnerable and uncomfortable. I paid for three nights, but was very happy to throw it away to keep him out of there. He found another hotel (you will find it well above this one on the Tripadvisor list)

Room Tip: Find one in a different hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mozecuse
Rawlins, Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel has obviously gone thru some changes since the other people have stayed here below but I recently booked with them online before ever seeing the place so and I wil be completly honest at first glance the outside looked okay and when I went in the front desk clerk who was new was nice and funny and her boss was there overshadowing her I waited about 5 minutes for the keys to my room and she said we would be pool side! When we parked and got out there was dog feces on the rocks so we walked around it, the area where the pool and hottub are smell not moldy but like mildew im sure because theres not great ventilation. Our room was okay beds with exceptionally comfortable blankets I loved them theres a older tv and a fridge there was an ironing board no iron however, we didnt see any shady characters as other have said there were a few kids and a family or two which is normal. We got our kids to bed and decided to go in the hot tub for a bit it wasnt as warm as should be but was nice and clean, after awhile we got into the pool which was pretty cold. There was no problem sleeping no loud noise or anything out of sorts slept comfortably! The next morning we woke up and didnt have any towels to shower with we tried asking a maid but no one spoke english so that was a bit frustrating, well anyways decided to stay another night I was dissappointed that we didnt recieve any "stay-over" care like new towels etc! I told the manager the front desk area looked nice and she told me shes trying and getting the whole place to be the same so I know there have been some changes and that they are still working to make it better for the price its standard and im sure the next we visit there will be more done but they have done alot there wasnt any druggies or drunks from what I saw this place is improving!!

Room Tip: I would suggest pool side rooms they are nicer the farther back in the hotel the worse they get!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Meghan O
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

My family was extremely pleased with the hotel. Very clean and well kept, staff were polite and helpful to all our needs. Special thanks to Angie the manager for her continuous help and kindness after our stay. This will be our #1 choice to stay when we pass thru Ft. Collins!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Loveland, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed here in the past over the last 10 years and it reached a point where I wouldn't stay anymore. I decided to give the Plaza another chance as I heard they were making many positive changes and the PLAZA HOTEL is a long standing part of our community. In addition to it being directly off I-25 for people staying in our community. With this said - I was impressed to see the that the customers which once were an eyesore an scary were gone. It was quiet and I felt at ease. The room I had was cleaner than I had experienced in years and the PLAZA HOTEL staff were present and in site and very helpful. There are many things that I can see that have been done and in the Hotel. It will take awhile to accomplish all this and I want the community to know that the PLAZA deserves Kudos in it's efforts to become the HOTEL it was and better. You have my support in sharing this with people I know and speak with and my family and I will be in again to show our support and aid in your business achieving the standing it use to have in our community. Forge Ahead - Joseph

Room Tip: The rooms on the inside surrounding the pool are my wife's favorite.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family