“Not as bad like the reviews”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #27 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Allen TX
“Not as bad like the reviews”
Reviewed June 12, 2008

Last year we were there to the Warbirds over the rockies.

This hotel is not first class - you pay less the average. For that little money the hotel was just fine.
There are to many complainer...that's the one with two carry on bags in the airplane and stand up when the craft still taxiing.

Anyhow, we will be there again this fall for 5 nights. This time we booked early and got the same rooms for $39 a night hehehe.

G-Pete

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank G_Pete_AllenTX

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
DC
Reviewed May 22, 2008

Wow--I have traveled all over the world for many years, yet have never managed to stay somewhere quite this bad and still be asked to pay! Even the youth hostels throughout Europe and South America are cleaner.
I had to ask for a change in rooms when the original one had dead bugs all over the heater (just mosquitos or something). After looking at 3 rooms I finally settled for the ONE that did not have hair in the tub. The bedspreads are worn. There are no pads on the mattresses. The king sized bed had full sized blankets on it. One person in our group took a shower and found a hole in the towel large enough for his fist. Most places in this price range include a free, if not delicious, continental breakfast of some sort---not here! They don't even offer free coffee and wanted $12 for breakfast. The soda machines were broken, their computer had a virus and shut down on me, the printer was out of order. To be fair, they did give us a somewhat cheaper rate when we complained. The people at the desk are in a constant state of confusion although they are trying hard. Prices were not at all equitable, though. We had 5 rooms booked and rates were quoted differently for most. Discounts were given randomly as well, depending on how forceful one's complaints were. They are, apparently, under new ownership, and therefore going through some changes. I will not be going back to see how they did, though!!

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank travelotDc

Travelers are raving about these Fort Collins hotels

Rices Landing
Reviewed April 30, 2008

The room was absolutly filthy. We had no washcloths. No toilet paper, we borrowed a roll from the friends we went to visit. Housekeeping changed the only the bathmat and left the dirty wet towels on the floor.We had to use those. We came back to the room, to change, and found our door open, not unlocked but open. The ashtray was in our sink filled with water and there were ashes and cigarettes all over the floor. We found a pair of worn dirty mens underware on our bed. When we checked out they tried charging us for movies we did'nt rent. The hotel manager on duty was no help. He told us since we booked with Orbitz we would have to contact them, which I immedietly did. Chris from Orbitz was extremely rude. He promised to contact the hotel and call us back the next day, He did not. I contacted Orbitz the day after we returned. They told me again they would have to contact the hotel, and get back to me.

• Liked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vitori1
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 17, 2008

This place was pretty nasty! It's true that the rooms stink-ours did also. The toilet ran all night. TV was ancient. And our neighbors were part of a "Swingers" club who proceeded to go naked in the hot tub (which smelled like cat urine)--directly outside our room. Disgusting & over-priced (for a dump). I agree that the staff was very nice though. But I would NEVER stay there again!

Stayed March 2008
missouri
Reviewed January 15, 2008

We got to our room and could not get in and had to get the desk clerk. He was friendly and came to help us, and decided to give us the room next to it. It was terrible! My aunt cousin and I are not big complainers and we can deal with our fair share of over looks but this was bad! The room smelled very strongly of smoke. There was a burrito left in the refridgerator. The door knob to the bathroon was broken. The tub was dirty and would not drain. The floor had not been vaccumed and had bits of toliet paper on it along with some mysterious brown stains in a few places. When we pulled back the covers to get in bed the under cover to one of the beds it had a huge white stain on it along with holes. This was at 11:20 so we called the desk and asked for a new blanket. At 11:50 my aunt had to get dressed to go to the desk herself to get them where she was taken to the laundry room. The blankets she brought back ended up having red stains on them. We had to sleep in our clothes and freeze because we did not want to use the blankets. If it had not been mid- night by then we would have just left all together. When inquiring about getting a refund for a completely unacceptable room we were told we had to contact hotels.com and they in return gave us the run around back to ramada. We had traveled on a delayed plane and drove 2 hours in the snow to come into this. We are really not ones to do things like this but i would hate for someone to have to deal with what we had to. It was a bad start to a vacation.

• Liked — The bar tender gave us a free diet cherry coke for my aunt.
  • Disliked — Everything about the room was filthy.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
Ski
Reviewed November 8, 2007

Being a seasoned traveller, I have stayed all over the world in humble and luxurious locations, and never complained. Fort Collins has great hotels like the Armstrong - highly recommended. To save money, I went for an Internet deal. Arriving late, I wanted a hot bath. The water was cold, and the heater did not work. Wanrting to call home, the international line did not work. I called front desk, they said they knew this, but I still had to pay. The receptionist demanded that I come down at 2 Am to pay in cash for a call that did not come through! In the morning I walked through puddles of water from a leak, to the brekfast, advertised at complimentary on the Internet. I was charged 10$ - prepaid in cash before they would let me eat - and yelled at with swear words when I pointed out that they had advertised the breakfast as included. I checked out after the reception had tried to get me to pay double for the nights I did not want to stay, and checked into a nice ,and cheaper, Best Western. Ramada would not give refund. NEVER stay at F. C. Ramada!

• Liked — The weather
  • Disliked — The front desk behaviour
  • Stayed February 2006, traveled on business
Colorado
Reviewed November 7, 2007

This hotel is old, dark and tired. Rooms are clean but need updating and refurbishing. Stayed here twice in 2007, both times with group of 6 and 3 rooms....all rooms were the same.

• Liked — only location available
  • Disliked — needs remodel
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with friends