“NEVER, NEVER EVER STAY IN THIS HOLE!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We booked into this, I can only describe it as a dirty, disgusting, prison lookalike building on Saturday 21st July 2012. Upon arrival we walked into the 'lobby' where we were met by 2 not very savoury characters sitting in the sun by the door. I hate lifts so my son and I took the disgusting concrete filthy stairs while the other member of our party took the lift with the luggage but only just made it without it breaking down halfway, lots of weird noises!! Upon entering our stinking room the first thing I saw out of the filthy French windows was a pile of dog mess and dried up dog wee on the balcony. The air conditioning was just blowing out outside temperature air, not chilled at all. The pillows were lumpy and the whole place was just filthy all for $125 a night!!! We rang reception to ask them to come and remove the dog poo which they did in a piece of toilet paper and walked back with it through our room. There was chewing gum on the carpet,light fittings with wires hanging out of them, all in all it was just worse than disgusting. I refused to stay so we asked for a refund, which we got, and moved on to somewhere half the price and clean. In my opinion the place should be shut down!!

3  Thank AJW62

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Please read the Fort Collins Coloradoan feature on this hotel. Apparently, homeless people are living there for $900 a month. A sex offender is housed here and on the sex offeder registry. It is a regular visit for teenage prostitutes and a meth and heroin hangout. Three people have died of drug overdoses in the rooms in the last two years. The owner is doing nothing to clean the place up, but the dedicated staff who need the minimum wage job continue to fight a losing battle here. The police have it on their daily radar and are doing three times a day patrols and trying to get the seedy characters cleaned up, but are also fighting a losing battle. Amidst all this, they are still renting rooms to unsuspecting families that stumble upon this hotel late at night as they travel up and down the I-25 corridor. If you value your safety and health, DO NOT stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room at this hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
16  Thank ProMommie
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The most UNSANITARY, UNSAFE hotel I have ever visited. It looked like a crack den covered in vomit and bugs. For $90/night we could have easily found a much nicer place. It was surrounded by homeless people. The room numbers were missing and written in marker. Upon first opening the door we found several pink stains on the wall and other markings. The sheets had not been replaced and were covered in stains and hair. The carpet was torn up, not vacuumed, stained, and pasty feeling (DON'T TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES). There were bugs on the beds, plus some dried up substances (bodily, I'm sure). It smelled of cigarettes even though it was non-smoking. The pool was milky and the entire building was caked in dust and feathers. This place is particularly unsafe because at about 4am there was violent banging on our door. We had closed it properly and locked the top lock. But other customers somehow had a key to our room and they opened it (THE TOP LOCK DOESN'T WORK). Although they left immediately, a break-in like this could have resulted in much worse consequences like robbery or injury. Plaza Hotel Fort Collins should not be in business and must be violating some kind of safety/sanitary laws. SLEEP IN YOUR CAR or ON THE STREET BEFORE COMING HERE, it'll be much more comfortable. You could get an STD from this kind of filth and I wouldn't be surprised to find a syringe under the mattress.

Room Tip: You'll get robbed staying in this unsafe, unsanitary vomit caked crack den.
12  Thank EmbleerFrith
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The room was filthy, I couldn't sit down any where. The couch had so many stains on it, office chair was ripped and filthy. I was afraid to pull the covers back on the bed. Dead flies on the carpet, old gum stuck in the carpet, cobwebs in the corner to ceiling. Toilet seat didn't fit toilet. We saw all this after checking in so we were able to get the credit card charges reversed and get out of there before my hysteria escalated. We ended up at the Super 8 a few doors down which was very comfortable.

5  Thank stho1083
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed there only because I had a coupon for $39 a night. Which was pretty good. The coupon stated they would have hot breakfast daily. There wasn't any breakfast. When i checked in the girl had to send a text message before helping me. The room was ok. Except bring your own hair dryer because there's didnt work and they don't have any that work. Make sure you check to make sure all of your lights work. I had two that didnt work, and if you wait until housekeeping is gone the front desk cant help you. The also dont give out towels for the pool, so make sure you bring your own. If you are looking for a secure hotel don't stay here. All of the security doors are broken, and the cops were at the hotel every night. I will definitely stay somewhere else next time.

3  Thank Coloradochick3997
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed in this hotel because all the other's had no vacancies due to the Cheyenne Frontier Days. It smells bad, look bad and has no breakfast facilities... I would avoid to stay there if there is any other hotel available.

3  Thank BB_Switzerland
Reviewed July 22, 2012

My family stayed here because every other hotel was full. We have never had to switch our hotel room before, and we had to switch our room 3 times. It smelled terrible, the ceiling was falling down, and it was filthy. Our room had holes in the sheets and blankets. You couldn't sit in the chair because it was covered in something sticky. It seriously should be shut down!!!

1  Thank Amy712