“overall, good”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed March 1, 2012

The hallways and the elevator looked dirty. I was afraid to leave my car in the parking lot overnight. There was a very loud gang of drunks in the hallway at 1-2 in the morning. But the room was nice and clean for 49.99 per night (that's why I gave 4 stars). I am not sure if I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed January 28, 2012

My daughter and I have stayed at the Plaza Hotel since October while we wait for our house to be ready. The staff is always friendly and accomadating to us. If we need something they take care of it right away. Their price has been more than fair for living here. I can't say anything bad about the hotel because they have taken very good care of us. I would call them our friends.

I would recomend the Plaza to all that are passing by Fort Collins. It is a much better price than you will get in the Denver or Cheyene areas. It has everything you would need or want.

Sincerely
Sandy and Molly Schuckman

Room Tip: the rooms in the tower are huge as well as the rooms at pool side. Rooms in the tower 2nd floor and...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed December 21, 2011

I do not know why this place has gotten such bad reviews! I have stayed here multiple times and have never had a problem- they have the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, no bed bugs, and I have not run into any prostitutes or thugs or any shadier characters than you would see at any hotel for this great price. I am very satisfied with my stay, and although there were some issues with the hot tub when we first came to stay, we told the person at the front desk about it and it was fixed by the following day. It is an older hotel, but seems to be in great shape. No major complaints and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer970
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Most travelers don't take the time to rate and write a review of their lodging accommodations unless they feel there is something worthy of sharing with other tralelers. Take note of how many travelers have posted negative reviews of the Plaza Hotel. I was just there and agree with others who suggest travelers spend a little extra on a room and booking elsewhere. This hotel feels like a building that was abandoned for several years, its once elegant decor and furnishings being auctioned off to pay debts, leaving behind a cavernous empty shell that serves as a flop house for quick interludes with prostitutes and a hangout for homeless men.

In an effort to travel as economically as possible, I seek out low priced lodging and am quite comfortable in minimalistic accommodations. The Plaza Hotel does not meet my minimum standards. Most important for a good nights sleep is a sense of safety. I did not feel safe here. The hotel uses key cards for room security. While inserting the keycard did turn the light green on the door lock, and I was able to enter the room. I noticed, upon leaving the room, that the door would not lock. If you choose to stay here, I suggest you try to open the room door without using the keycard. If it opens, it means that anyone can enter your room at any time. This is a deal killer for me. I will not stay in a hotel/motel room if I can not lock the door when I leave the room.

One tripadvisor commentor states that they decided to book a room at the Plaza Hotel even after reading the negative reviews here, because when they called the Plaza and asked the desk clerk about the condition of the hotel, the clerk stated that any negative reviews must be an anomoly. This is like the hen asking the fox if it is safe to bed down in the foxes den. The clerk will say what ever will get you to book the room.

I will not return to the Plaza Hotel. I recommend La Quinta (across the street). It was affordably priced, felt safe, room had a frig and micro, was clean and comfortable, and had a hot breakfast.

Room Tip: Make sure the room door locks
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank 2views
Reviewed September 27, 2011

We changed travel plans, and couldn't make it to Estes Park, so stopped in Ft Collins. We also saw the $39 sign...but when we got there it was $59.
I really, really hope we don't have bed bugs....I washed and dried my clothing the minute I got home.

Positives -

Shady characters

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan L
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Please do not go to this horrible hotel. Our room smelt like someone who has been living and smoking in there regulary. Totally a run-down hotel with "sketchy" people who lives there as a shelter. The cops were surrounding the parking lots. This hotel should be shut down. Spend your money to a nicer hotel. That was the WORST hotel I've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: Just don't bother to spend your money on that hotel!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank NancyNelson
Reviewed July 27, 2011

My and sister and I treated our two daughters and our grandchildren to a visit to Ft. Collins and reserved rooms at the Plaza which during our previous stay 2 years ago was a Ramada Inn. What a difference 2 years makes. This dump was filthy, smelly, the pool was so cold the kids couldn't swim in it, the room keys never worked, no continental breakfast as was advertised, no coffee makers or refrigerators in the rooms, as advertised, cigarette burns in the bedding, rooms never cleaned. Did I mention the gang members hanging around with ankle monitors and the 3 prostitutes in the lobby on Saturday night? We toughed it out, but the final straw was the bed bugs. Our last night we gave up, packed our stuff up and moved across the street. DON'T STAY HERE!! It's not only a dump, but there are some very questionable characters who stay here as long-term residents. This place is a flophouse for gang bangers, drug dealers, and prostitutes. And it's no cheaper than the very nice La Quinta Inn across the street..

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family