“Ft. COllins Best Western Hotel”

Best Western Kiva Inn
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wheat Ridge, United States
“Ft. COllins Best Western Hotel”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Location is in an industrial business area, but don't let this fool you! It is a wonderful hotel. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean, breakfast is decent and beds are very comfortable. It is close to CSU campus also. We highly recommend it!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel was everything we needed when we recently went to fort collins. Had an amazing outdoor pool and the breakfast was excellent. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. One of our children lost their wallet on the premises while using the vending machines and staff went out of the way to help find it. I also like that there is always coffee on in the lobby and the staff are there day and night to answer any problems you have. The hotel in is a great location to the interstate, old town fort collins and my food an shopping around. There is even a liquor store a short walk on the corner!!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I recently had to stay here. The front desk and other the staff were very friendly with some exceptions.
My problem started when I left my tablet there. I called and reported it to the front desk. They were supposed to call me immediately after they checked the room. Two days later I called and they had no record of me calling to look for my tablet. They proceeded to tell me that they did not find any tablet.
I asked for the General Manager and I expressed my disappointment. She never once apologized that no one took action on my request. She was very rude and interrupted me while I the consumer would speak. After her being belligerent towards me, I told her I would contact the BBB.
I magically received a call 5 minutes later stating they had found my tablet. This place is not to be trusted.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank MOB9292
Tualatin, Oregon
Reviewed August 21, 2013

good clean room, great internet service via WiFi, nice breakfast before getting back on the road. soft pillows, late arrivals ok great place for road trippers to stay while passing through, great and easy to find location

Laurel, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Looks great in pictures!!!!! Until you get in the rooms.....If you don't have have a choice then stay, however look some place else first.....FT Collins however is a great town, many great restaurants and thinks to do......

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Ireland
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We chose this hotel for a two night stay at the beginning of our 3 week holiday as it was within 30 miles of the Frontier Festival we wanted to visit and an easy 50 mile drive from Denver Airport. (Hotels nearer to Cheyenne are too expensive during festival week). This hotel was modern, clean and comfortable. Our room was on the ground floor and provided us with access to an outdoor patio for breakfast...a welcome treat at the start of our holiday and we had the added bonus of warm sunshine! There were deck chairs outside for our use too.There were hot items for breakfast and a good selection of cereals, waffles etc. There was also a pool and hot tub but we didn't have time to use them. The only complaint I had was that the walls were not very sound proof. At €89 per night it was very good value for money.

Room Tip: Choose a ground floor room for the convenience of patio eating and the use of deck chairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Clontarf, Queensland
Reviewed August 12, 2013

May be it was just an unfortunate time when we visited this particular motel.

When we arrived, we found it to be situated one road from the very busy freeway. As we were early, we asked the receptionist if we could leave the car and walk in to town. She told us it was far to far and she advised against it. Not to be deterred we knew the general direction and set off along some busy roads, some without sidewalks.

When we reached Fort Collins we entered a Tourist Office and asked if they knew of a more pleasant walk back. They obliged with a map and directions that took us along a nice footpath by the river to the hotel about 30-35 minutes.

It wasn't a good start when staff have no idea of the hotels proximity to good safe access to town. This was compounded by the wi-fi when we had booked in, it didn't work. We were told it must be our i pad, surely not all of them, we had three different devices.

After a few hours another receptionist took my i phone and made a call and had it connected, this lasted about an hour before it dropped out. Another receptionist then admitted they had problems and another router was on order, why were we not told this in the first place?

The motel room was clean and comfortable, but an inadequate amount of tables at breakfast made it a lottery to get a seat (there were about six tables). The breakfast was adequate but nothing special, when you have to stand to eat.

To compound the wifi problem on checkout, the receptionist told us there was no problem with the wifi until we told her the other lady had informed us earlier there was! We told her we had signed a document on arrival that stated should we smoke in the rooms we would be charged $250 for cleaning, I pointed to the big neon sign outside the motel that said 'free wifi in all rooms'. I told her we had kept our side of the bargain but not her company, what could she do about it? Nothing she said, it's complimentary. So is the breakfast we said. She just looked.

A sad end to a not so good start, there are many motels and hotels not delivering on their promises and when you are thousands of miles from home wifi is a reason you book. They should deliver, if it is not working, then some compensation should be afforded. Never should the staff openly tell lies!

This is indeed a sad reflection on Best Western or on some of the staff they employ. The question is, are the staff carrying out company policy or are they acting on their own initiative?

Best Western, sort it out!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple