“b.w. kiva delivers”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Aspen, Colorado
“b.w. kiva delivers”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

although the location is not picturesque, this best western is clean, comfortable and a good price performer, staff delivers good customer service, cheerful. would stay here again. it is close drive to old town ft collins and crazy mini putt across street, so fun close by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This was a nice hotel, but keep in mind that it is pet friendly. This meant an odor of flea treatment. It was a tough to navigate trip on bike to old town. Very friendly staff. The pool area was nice and clean. The rooms with 2 King size beds are huge!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CO
Reviewed June 30, 2013

In fairness there was a bike race in Fort Collins and we had difficulty finding rooms. Expedia found us two rooms at this location - one for our daughter and husband and one for us (we brought our small dog). When we arrived we found both rooms were smoking rooms, not what we requested. Our daughter got her room changed but they told us they were full and we had to accept this room. They said that this often happens with Expedia. I requested they bring their ozone fan and run it while we went to dinner. We returned to find it not turned on. It was very uncomfortable sleeping in this smelly room. They should have at least comped us for the dog ($10). I rated them lower because of this.

Breakfast was also a bit disappointing. I get a better breakfast when I stay in Philadelphia costing the same. it was not bad but I expected a bit more for the price.

Good points-the pool was nice with a spa and towels. Our room had a patio with a well kept lawn just out front where our dog ran around exploring. Our daughter said their room was much newer and nicer. I tried to consider this in the ratings. The location is less than 10 minutes from Olde Town. The lobby was also very clean and maintained.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel, not in the winged section.
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I came with my mom, dad, and 3 teenage sons. We have been traveling and I reserved 2 rooms for us to stay 2 nights in. I was quite happy with this hotel. The hotel was decorated in a southeastern desert style which made it very nice to walk into for the first time. The rooms were roomy, bathrooms nice and clean ( I really liked the shampoo and shower gel dispenser in the shower). The beds where comfortable, the fact that they had a clean laundry room to do some laundry was great. The young lady at the service desk was very polite and courteous and willing to help us. My sons did a little work out and then sat in the sauna, went swimming and did the hot tub, they said it was really nice and clean. They breakfast room was small but very clean and offered a nice hot breakfast. The only thing I didn't like was the fact we was upstairs in the back of the hotel and the scene was of an old trailer park but it wasn't that big of a deal enough to make me not enjoy my stay, i would suggest if you can ask to get a room upstairs in the front, they have balconies. It was just down the road from Fort Fun, which was really a good place for my kids to go and ride go-carts. In all I would suggest this hotel to anyone and I would come back and stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
kivainn, Manager at Best Western Kiva Inn, responded to this review, May 24, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to complete our online survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Hema Sarda,
Best Western Kiva Inn, Fort Collins
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel is beautifully decorated and has a unique style compared to other hotels, even other Best Westerns, I have stayed at. Overall our experience was wonderful, from the warm reception to the hot options for breakfast. The price was a little more than maybe some other places, and around the same price range as a Hampton Inn or Marriott Fairfield, but overall it was a wonderful experience in a beautiful and welcoming environment.

Room Tip: Some rooms had balconies some didn't. There may be a difference in the cost, so something to tak...
Van Alstyne, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2013

If you need a place to stop for the night, this is a good bet! They have dog friendly rooms, and a good steakhouse within walking distance. This is NOT a hotel to park your car and walk around campus/shops - it's on a busy highway in a more industrial area. It is within good driving distance to campus and anywhere you'd like to go in Fort Collins. I usually like to walk my dog around when we travel, but I stayed just in the designated "dog area" here. There is a trailer park right behind the hotel, and a loose dog came toward us when I was walking my dog in the parking lot. No trouble - but did make me wary. Breakfast was good, staff was very friendly, room was clean.

Room Tip: I would go with the front side of the hotel, as the back side neighbors a trailer park.