“A bit dated.”

Residence Inn Fort Collins
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here as my husband had work in FC. We felt the hotel was dated. Needs a makeover badly.
The first room they gave us a key to was at the top of the stairs on the second floor, it REEKED of cigarette smoke because the side door to the hotel was at the bottom of the stairs and so many people are out there smoking. We immediately asked for a new room.
Our new room was on the 3rd floor. The cabinets in our kitchenette were all broken. The furniture in the living room was all stained. The bathroom was large and the bed was comfy.
While I do like dogs, I did feel there were way to many dogs in this hotel. All barking. Ugh.
They do not order enough USATODAY's, as each morn I came down (8am) they were all GONE. Ugh.
The breakfast is perfect. My only complaint was the HOT WATER for tea, ugh, it tasted like they had used that same large hot water thermos for coffee, ugh. Awful tasting.
One morning we wanted to eat outside on their lovely patio but absolutely everyone out on the patio was smoking. Ugh.
The internet was awful. My husband had reports to write and the internet was so spotty, working one minute and then kicking out the next minute. Ugh.
The TV service they have is great. Many channels to choose from. I believe it was DIRECTTV.
The staff always had smiles on their faces. All very friendly. Always willing to help you with anything you might need.
My husband will be coming to FC once a month for work but he will look elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Scott D, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Fort Collins and taking the time to write a review. Feed back from our guest allows us to improve. We have increased our USA Today daily count and correctly the hot water for tea. We are also making our patio smoke free and our high speed internet service is being upgraded at the end of July. We would love to have the opportunity to stay with us again. Please reach out to me directly at scott.douglas@marriott.com if I can assist you with future reservations.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed here for a family event near Fort Collins. The highlight of the stay was the hotel staff members who helped me in various ways. The night clerk was great about checking us in very late at night. She ran into some computer issues, but because she was so patient and cheerful about the whole thing I didn't get stressed out at all. The housekeeper on our floor as well as the clerk who checked us out were friendly and helpful. Our room was a little bit worn in places, but it was just what we needed. The location was great with easy access to regular shopping and places to eat out. It's in between the freeway and the university...maybe not the best location for all purposes, but it worked well for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Scott D, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn Fort Collins. Our staff prides themselves in offering excellant customer service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here for 5 nights. I have stayed in a few of the hotels in the cluster which includes the Residence Inn and this is the nicest so far.

The property has been recently upgraded and my one bed suite was immaculate.

Breakfast was great and the evening snacks are of a better quality than you normally get at a Residence Inn.

The staff were all very helpful. I checked in quite late and they had finished serving the evening snacks when I arrived but they put me a meal together in a takeout box which was very nice of them and it saved me having to go out.

All in all, a good experience.

Room Tip: Get a top floor room away from elevators. I had room 308.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for writing a review of the Residence Inn Fort Collins. We aprreciate your positive comments and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Most hotels in Fort Collins are pet friendly, due to the CSU Vet college, but some are better than others. Here they are very pet friendly and they have an awesome area to walk your pets, multiple pets are accepted and there is no pet charge. There is a complimentary hot wonderful breakfast daily, always different with items to go if you are in a hurry. They offer free appetizers and beer for happy hour and a small dinner 5 times a week. The rooms with small kitchen, feature wonderful bedding and large comfortable bath facilities with laundry facilities and the staff will make you feel at home and welcome in the hot tub or pool or work out facility. A great stay

Room Tip: For pet ease of stay, get a room in the building across from the office.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Scott D, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2013

Thank you for your positve review of the Residence Inn Fort Collins. We are not just a "Pet Friendly" hotel, we love to get to know our four-legged guest (and their owners). Our hotel offers a great location for pets and we do work directly with the CSU VET Hospital. We hope to see you again at the Residence Inn Fort Collins.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed for two weeks for business training in area. Upon request, staff made sure I had quiet room with great view of geese pond behind building. Breakfasts were typical RI but was very impressed with the evening "snack" provided weekdays. It was more like light meals. Tacos with salad, wine, several desserts. Other nights huge baked potatoes with fixings, salads, desserts. Dishwasher was broken but maintenance came as soon as reported while I was at training and fixed it. My only complaint is for long term stays there is only a microwave and stovetop, but no regular oven. Maid was great at allowing me privacy and just picked up garbage and supplied paper products. Will stay here again for my next training and request same room.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mary K
Scott D, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn during your stay. Your comments are very much appreicated. I am glad to hear you especially liked the social hour meals. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The staff at this hotel makes it worth staying at. They are incredibly nice and helpful. The managers receptions were very good. They always had 2 entree chioce, which is great because I do nto eat red meat, as well as salad and desert. There is also beer and wine and juice for the kiddies. Sodas or ice tea would make it even better.

Room Tip: I always get away from the elevator and vending. Less noise that way.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Vikki H
Scott D, Manager at Residence Inn Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your positve review. We are now serving ice tea with our social hour.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We have been looking for a hotel with 2 bedrooms for a long time and one that does not break the bank, and we have finally found it! The staff is amazing! Extremely friendly and helpful. The free breakfast is wonderful with good variety. Our room was great. We have 2 young boys so it is nice to have separate bedrooms for us to relax and enjoy after they go to bed. So this was perfect! From now on, we will be checking residence inn availability first when we travel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank katcameron
Scott D, General Manager at Residence Inn Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. Our two-bedroom suites are perfect for traveling families. We hope to see you again soon.