Residence Inn Fort Collins
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Fort Collins(Fort Collins)
Comfort Suites(Fort Collins)
View Hotel
Marriott Hotel Fort Collins(Fort Collins)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewssmall pondfront desklong term stayone bedroom suitefull kitchensocial hourquiet neighborhoodour home away from homelaundry roomlobby areaeach morningstay there againfree breakfastgreat place to stayenjoyed my stayindoor poolin town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family recently stayed here for a while as we have relocated to Ft Collins. We stayed with 2 small children and 2 dogs.
First the positives, the staff was extremely helpful and responsive. They went out of there way to greet us and peeled fruit for our children and gave them gifts and such. Any time we needed to borrow tools to put together Christmas presents, they were helpful. The location is just off of Harmony road near College so it was convenient to everything we needed. There is even a dog park 1 mile down the road.
The lobby area had been renovated since the last time I was here and looked good. The treadmills in the workout room were useful.
Lastly, things that could be improved. We stayed in the dog building which had some outdated furniture. Also, some of the other residents would occasionally walk by smoking even though that was expressly prohibited. Due to all of the Canadian geese and the lack of dog poop bags, there is poop all over the grass. Lastly, some of the card readers didn't work on the doors so the exterior doors did not always lock. Most were fixed during our time but there was still one remaining.
The food was nice for a free breakfast and occasional dinner. After long stays, not much variety but consistent.

Overall, this property fit our need. I can't stress how helpful the staff and manager are.

Room Tip: Stay on side were the lobby is. Building across from lobby has most of the dogs if any are there.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This property has been renovated however like any older property it is showing through its age. The outside of the hotel looked attractive as did the lobby.We were checked in by a very nice front desk persons. We managed a first floor room and parked at the back door which was short distance from the room. The cleaning staff was in the hallway and they were most pleasant. The room was nice but not overly exciting as we found the carpet needed cleaning. The room furnishings are "dated" and the couch or long chair, had some stains on the arms. Everything worked in the room including good internet and good lighting. Breakfast is served just opposite the front desk and we found it to be rather skimpy for a Residence Inn. We also were unhappy with the outdate milk which we pointed out to the attendant and even had to ask her to remove it as apparently she saw nothing wrong with outdated milk. She was ask if they had any fresh milk she answered no. However before we left the breakfast re we noticed the tay filled with fresh milk. There were just two juices in the area and the one with the orange juice was totally empty and the attendant never refilled that juice. There was only one kind of bread available. This area definitely needed attention. We did not complain to management and it is totally our fault for not getting these deficiencies corrected while we were the rate.One last comment. We are willing to pay the extra price normally associated with a Residence Inn since most Residence Inns have a "happy hour" with drinks and snacks Monday through Thursday. This save us the price of a dinner for that evening. This hotel has those events only on Monday and Tuesday every other week and Mon-Wed every other week. This is just another small cutback that we have seen in the hotel industry.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank texaswillie
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We stayed for a business trip and found the staff very enjoyable and eager to please. The room was clean, had fireplace. The hotel has been completely refurbished but furniture choice like living room coach was uncomfortable and dining tables too small to sit and have paper and food. Some pet owners especiallly with large dogs do not clean up after their pets. Many paths, next to a small pond and many geese near by. Feels like a very safe residential area. We asked for a different mattress as our was not comfortable and a new one was brought in within two days. Good for families. There are evening meals on Mondays and Tuesday and every other Wednesdays. Nothing extravagant but baked potato bar, soup and fresh saalds, BBQ sandiwched/ grill night at least once a week, and yummy desserts, generous with beer and wine. Carrabas is close by and very yummy. About one hour drive to Estes Park and further to Trail Ridge Road, the continental divide and very beautiful mountain scenary with views of the mountain goats. Beautiful fall scenery, drives up poudre canyon. Many long term residence due to the fires and business clientele. Would stay again. No restaurant.

Room Tip: Ask for a pet free room or one with newer carpet. Sales out in the summer.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank drivebymama
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed for a family reunion weekend. We didn't actually spend much time in the hotel, but I enjoyed the room and hotel amenities. The breakfast had a good selection, although the eggs, etc,, were cold. Also, the parking lot was being resurfaced and finding parking was tricky. But this is obviously only a temporary problem. The rooms were very clean - a big plus in my book.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I travelled a lot and is a member of Marriott Rewards and Hilton Honors. It is always a toss up for me where to stay between hotels under either membership. I chose Residence Inn on this stay per recommendation by a friend. However, I was disappointed with the quality of the service and hotel. I always need to exercise and pool is one of my criteria in choosing the hotel. When I checked in, I found that the pool is under repair. Although access privelege is given to me to use the pool across the street, in the neighboring Marriott Courtyard, it was not convenient since it was 45oF around 6:00 a.m., when I routinely swim. Secondly, the executive chair was not functional. Thirdly, everytime I come back to my room around 5:00pm, the room was not cleaned. Fourthly, the high-speed internet connection was a miserably slow 3 megabits per second. I cannot even get a wireless connection on my IPAD and IPOD. Lastly, the thermostat was not working properly. The room got too cold for the temperature setting we placed that we decided to turn the AC off for the night. The latter action turned out for the better since the AC ran loudly. The only consolation was, after I had filed a complaint to the manager, cleaners/ maintenance crew would immediately appear and do their job. Though this may be the case, it was still quite an inconvenience since I have to wait for half an hour before I can rest after a busy day. Additionally, it was very difficult to take a nap since the cleaners ran the dishwasher which was quite a bit noisy. If there is any compliment I can share, it is the professionalism of the managers and receptionist, and the overflowing beer during socials. I would, however, try Homewood Suites the next time I visit Fort Collins.

Room Tip: Do not make a reservation online; instead call and find out if the hotel is under construction. This is to avoid surprises and getting trap staying in a hotel that cannot provide full service for the full price you pay.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business