“Like coming home”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Like coming home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2009

We arrived late, coming in from Omaha. The room was booked, with only 2 rooms left. I had booked a mountain view room with a suite, but was given a room with two queens, and a view that was not showing mountains by any means. We had our Lab Winston with us, and I knew the extra room would have been a blessing.
Room was spotless, and it really was a lovely room. Plenty of towels, extra blanket and pillow. The hotel itself was nicely designed, so quiet and I only heard someone talking outside of room once. We ordered room service one time and the food was fine, the prices modest. My daughters Buffalo burger, was yummy, and the cheesecake divine.
Service was attentive, and beyond.
We were driving up side of the mountain, when my car broke down. It was a Sunday, so car towed via H & R towing, nice man who towed us. The owner of the Indian Village in Loveland, was nice enough to let us borrow his land phone, because our cell phones were no good at that point. Tow truck driver dropped us off at Ford dealership in Fort Collins, myself, two daughters, and yep the Lab Winston. When I called taxi company to pick us up,, over an hour wait. So I called the Hilton, and you know what, they were more than happy to pick up my motley group, it meant the world to me. Did I mention that the rental car company said no rentals available, and the others were closed by the time I called them that fateful Sunday?
Ford dealership had part brought in from Denver and a mere 800 dollars later I had a car, and they were able to get it fixed by closing on Monday. By the way the staff at the Ford dealership were nice, very.
Meanwhile, the staff at the Hilton told me that if I needed anything else, please let them know. They even took my daughter to a neighborhood store to find a towel to put on the seat for a car rental that I managed to get the next day.
You know what is really nice about this Hilton, for all of you animal lovers out there, this hotel is close by the University, and their Vet center. They are so welcoming to all members of the family, even those of the four legged kind. There was a one time pet fee, but oh so worth it. We will be back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank OrnerytoYOU

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Polish first
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2009

I have stayed in the Ft. Collins Hilton four or five times and have had consistently positive experiences. In particular, I feel their concierge floor is an excellent value. I've sampled Hilton concierge floor lounges in various cities such as Los Angeles, Boston, Tampa, Washington DC, Amsterdam, and London. Of all the lounges in the US hotels that I've experienced, the Ft. Collins concierge lounge has the widest variety of food and snack offerings, the only complementary alcoholic beverages I've seen (for the first two drinks, at least), and the friendliest attendants. Plus, it has a wonderful view of the foothills and a peak at the Rockies from one of the tallest vantage points in town (the 9th floor).

The Hilton is ideally located for travelers who intend to spend time on the Colorado State University campus across the street, and is not far from the many restaurants and shops of downtown. The hotel has a nice-sized indoor pool and fitness center, and also has a business center for printing out boarding passes.

I've always been pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms and the quality of furnishings at this Hilton. The Mountain View King rooms face west towards the mountains and are particularly spacious. I'm already planning my next visit to Ft. Collins and this Hilton.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dr-Jill-from-NH
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

I stayed at the Fort Collins Hilton from May 17th till May 22nd for business. The room I stayed in, a mountain view suite (nice free upgrade), had a decent view of the mountains, and of the air conditioning system of the hotel. It had two HD flat screen TVs, a nice queen size bed, rather small bathroom, and work desk. The bed was comfortable and soft, the air conditioning was fine.
There is a nice buffet, over priced in my opinion, but it had different meals every evening. I ate at the breakfast buffet every morning, it was standard American breakfast fare, and cost $15. Over priced, but a good way to start the day. I want to mention the break fast buffet was included in my package, other wise I probably would ate elsewhere most days.
As for location, it is two blocks from Colorado State University, and within walking distance to great restaurants on the side of the college, and in "old town".
If you get a chance, go to the New Belgium Brewing Company to take a tour and taste testing. My group was able to do that, great craft beers, and a very interesting tour.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Pacific Palisades, Calif.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2009

I just returned from a wonderful weekend, during which time I visited my son, who is a college student at Colorado State University. I have always stayed at the Hilton Fort Collins because of its location adjacent to the campus and it's excellent service and hospitality. The front desk is always helpful, and the restaurant goes out of it's way to provide quality food and great service. Kudos to Kelly Moniz, the manager who gave us free vouchers for the buffet breakfast on Easter Sunday. She is a true asset to the hotel and a good-will ambassador for this establishment. Jennifer and Allyson at the front desk along with RJ deserve special mention for their suggestions regarding dining in Ft. Collins.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Murdo, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2009

The second time I stayed in this hotel was in March 2009. This time around was a much more pleasurable experience!

They still appear to charge for internet access, but I was able to find an wireless anyhow.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2009

This is a very nice hotel. My room appeared to have been renovated recently (past year or two). The room was very clean, and the housekeeping staff was detailed in their daily cleaning tasks. The hotel is an industrial area. I stayed here because it was very close to a company that I was visiting on business, so the location was convenient for me. But, for a vacation traveler, this hotel is not near any attractions that I could see. From what I could see at breakfast in the morning, most (if not all) of the guests were business people.

For amenities, there is a restaurant (Toscana) in the atrium. I had dinner there one night, and the food was good, but nothing too special. But, it is very convenient to have an in-house restaurant. For breakfast, they have a buffet each morning that is quite good and includes a made-to-order omelette table. If you are staying on business, you will get a coupon for a free breakfast. Otherwise the price is $13.95 which seems high.

They also have recently changed policy and now give you free internet (so I was told - I didn't actually use it).

Overall, quite a decent place and I would stay again.

• Liked — Convenient in house restaurant. Very clean.
  • Disliked — In a somewhat unattractive part of town.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cheddar, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2008

I have always avoided Hilton hotels, considering that the brand is damaged goods due to the association with its eponymous celebrity heiress. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the Hilton in Fort Collins. From the outside it is a large, ugly, anonymous concrete cube but inside it has a certain wow factor with a huge atrium nine floors high.

I was booked into an executive kingsize room which was very comfortable, large, well furnished and had two huge flatscreen TV screens. TV reception was poor on most channels though and I didn't like the rather cramped bathroom.

I didn't eat in the hotel restaurant but I did visit the VIP/Concierge lounge which featured delicious locally brewed beer. It also provided a reasonable quality breakfast the next morning.

• Liked — Comfy bed in a huge room
  • Disliked — Very small bathroom
  • Stayed November 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)