“College Drop Off”

Hilton Fort Collins
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have stayed many times at this hotel dropping of my daughter as it is right next to CSU. You will see by the lobby it looks like a former Embassy Suite with the atrium design. Rooms are always good and staff is very helpful. The locatoin right next to campus is a big plus. This hotel is easiy the nicest hotel right off campus.

Starbucks downstairs and a lobby restaurant which I've used for breakfast. Never tried the menu but they have a "cold" and "hot buffet" about 14 & 18 dollars if I recall. Pretty typical hotel food.

Overall for biz or to visit you the college this is my to to hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hilton Fort Collins

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Was in town on business and stayed here because that was where the room block was..... Standard Hilton, only worth staying here if you are on an expense account. I am not anti-hilton chain. I just prefer Hampton Inns, but it was booked. The location is definitely only tolerable if you have a car...not very walkable to anywhere of interest aside from the University. But it didn't matter really as there really isn't much worth seeing in Fort Collins...typical wonderbread western town amped up by a smattering of serviceable microbrews and restaurants. Scenes from South Park kept popping into my head while walking around old town. Suffice to say I would never go to FC again by choice, even if I had a car. Not my bag so to speak.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cosec00
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been to the Fort Collins, CO Hilton twice now a year apart, for an annual panel meeting. The Hilton provides good service for the stay and for meetings - good conference room setup and service.. Only the quality of coffee at the break was of a not so good quality although the snacks were good! The shuttle to the Old Town and the courtesy of their service overall are excellent!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Ned S, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thank you for your kind review! All of our departments work hard to ensure efficient and successful events and meetings take place. I am glad to hear you were pleased with the service of our hotel as well as the shuttle we provide to Old Town. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton in Ft Collins in July, 2013. I had earrings stolen from my luggage where they were hidden and the hotel claims no responsibility for stolen items. No room safe was provided. When I reported the theft - and it was a theft of gold earrings - it was implied that I wasn't being truthful. I didn't ask for any monetary compensation but a replacement of my jewelry at which time I offered my purchase receipt. I even called the Hilton Corporate Office and they too claimed no responsibility. What a license for their staff to do whatever they want! I will never stay at any Hilton hotels. That attitude toward their customers is disgraceful. I am also in a service business and I wouldn't consider treating my customers with such disregard.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Leslie N
Ned S, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I apologize for the loss of your earrings. As we discussed on the phone, our executive housekeeper and chief engineer conducted a thorough investigation of the situation. The investigation included a very thorough search of the room and discussed with the housekeeper who serviced your room. The housekeeper has worked at our hotel for more than nine years and this is the first incident in which she has been the subject of such an accusation and accompanying investigation. With regard to the availability of a safe to protect one's valuables, they are available upon request of the guest at the front desk. I apologize again for the loss of your earrings.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This hotel had everything we needed as we were in town for a wedding. It was a close cab ride to downtown, clean rooms, staff was very nice & helpful, Starbucks in the lobby, and restaurants/bars close by to go to (El Monte & Black Bottle Brewery are amazing & just around the corner!). Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Ned S, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

I am so pleased to hear of your enjoyable stay here at our hotel and your visit to Fort Collins! We take much pride in our town and encourage our guests to take advantage of the wonderful things it has to offer, such as the restaurant and brewery you suggested. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We spent three nights at this hotel last week while at a conference. It is a beautiful place but could use some updating. Our room was clean and the king bed was very comfortable. The linen's on the bed and the towel's in the bathroom were of very nice quality. My biggest gripe was the bathroom, it didn't have one towel bar! The sink top was too small to accommodate our toiletries. BUT the water was hot and we enjoyed the shower. Our room was clean and the staff was very helpful and nice. One feature we used and enjoyed was their van service, it was free but of course we gave a nice tip to the driver who dropped us down town and picked us up again when we called. The food was mediocre except for a special salad which was outstanding. We'd stay there again!

Room Tip: Higher floors have a nicer view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy M

Thank you for your review of our property. We always appreciate any feedback in order to improve. I agree that opportunities exist to make the hotel even better. We are currently in the planning stages of a project to update our facility. We hope that you will stay with us again when we are fully renovated!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The staff was very helpful. When we requested to not be disturbed, we were not disturbed. When we needed help with directions, they were more than happy to help. When we needed a ride downtown, we did not have to wait long to be transported . We were given a map and restaurant names which we used. If they want to improve the maps, they could add hiking areas to it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family