“Rocky Mountain Perspective from a Trini”

Hilton Fort Collins
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersGold level
Valsayn
“Rocky Mountain Perspective from a Trini”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Hotel was well-maintained. There were a large variety of meals available except for vegans. There was a clothes iron and iron board, hair dryer, chair and desk and two telephones.
There was a single sofa in the room as well. The heated pool was a welcome in the cold Colorado temperature. The only problem I had sometimes was that the noise from the cargo train that passes nearby could awake you if you are a light sleeper.

1 Thank Narendra B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Polish first
Garden Plain, Kansas
Reviewed March 26, 2013

what a great stay. Wonderful staff, i left my coat with my billfold in it a the bar and the bartender called me up after she found it so I could come down and pick them up. The room was great, the breakfast bar was fully loaded with a wonderful and tasty selection (it was a bit pricey) the wait staff in the bar and restaurant were extremely polite and accommodating. the grounds were well kept up very pleased with my stay.

1 Thank departingcontestant
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hotel was attractive, well-maintained, fine example of a Hilton. I'm dislike having to pay for internet service. What I noticed most was that there was no hairdryer. This is the first hotel I have stayed in years that didn't have a hairdryer in the bathroom.

I was with a school group and the staff did make sure that we were all accommodated on the same floor, relatively close to each other, as requested.

There was a coffee bar in the lobby for a quick breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
KK80439,

Thank you so much for your four-star review of our property! I am sorry to hear that your bathroom did not have a hairdryer in the drawer of the vanity. All of our rooms are supposed to have this amenity available, so I am disappointed to hear that yours was missing. However, I am pleased to read that our staff was accommodating for your group and that you enjoyed our Starbucks kiosk. I hope that you would stay with us again during your next visit to Fort Collins!

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

This modern 4 star Hilton has spacious rooms, many with mountain views. Its prices are fair and parking is complimentary so a good choice all around when visiting Ft Collins. I've stayed here twice and expect to stay here again! That says it all.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Dougananda
Dougananda,

Thank you so much for the four star review of your recent stay with us! We really thrive on positive feedback and are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Fort Collins. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Northern Colorado!

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I was staying at the Fort Collins Hilton for a graduate school visitation. We arrived around noon, and while all of the other recruits with me we able to go to their rooms, I was not. Due to "late check outs" that had not been cleared, I was delayed going to my room until 3:00. This gave me only an hour to get ready for poster sessions at the university, and three hours of nothing to do. This is bad practice. I'm very disappointed and may not stay at another Hilton for this reason.

2 Thank Christiana D
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Christiana D,

We are so sorry for the inconvenience during your last stay with us. We understand how important it is to get into your guest room as quickly as possible. Our standard check-out time has always been 12:00PM with check-in at 3:00PM. While we try to accommodate early check-ins, this is occasionally difficult when we have high occupancies and guests who extend their stay. In those instances, rooms may not always be available before 3:00PM in order to give our Housekeeping staff adequate time to clean and straighten a room. We want to make sure that our guest rooms are very clean and meet our high cleanliness standards. I have still discussed the issue today with our staff and hope that the next time you’re in the area, you will reconsider staying with us.

Travelers are raving about these Fort Collins hotels

Chicago, IL
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Fort Collins while attending a conference at CSU. It's probably one of the nicer options in Fort Collins, and has the usual business traveler amenities - a very nice business center, 24 hour room service.

I stayed on the concierge floor because those were the only rooms available when I booked, The breakfast was standard but good: scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, an assortment of breads. Evening service was non-existent: a few sodas and some party mix. For the extra money it would have been nice to have access to some light snacks.

I plan to stay again in May.

Room Tip: Rooms numbered 921 and up are over the exterior HVAC units. It wasn't too bad on the ninth floo...
1 Thank ackz
ackz,

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay with us. I am glad to read that you appreciated the amenities our hotel offers. I’m sorry to hear that the Concierge Lounge service was not to your liking. Our chef regularly creates new offerings and hors d’oeuvres for the Evening Reception, so I hope that you might give us another try. We look forward to welcoming you back in May!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Dear Hilton Fort Collins, CO: You have massive bedbugs in both double beds in room 822. My son, who sleeps without a shirt and on his stomach, had trails of bedbug bites on his stomach and torso. I sleep with a shirt on and on my back and I had bites ringing the back of my neck and shoulders and up into my hairline. Our stay was from February 20-26, 2013, room 822.

Room Tip: Hilton Fort Collins, CO is a very old hotel, but quite spacious and quiet. Heavy snow kept us in fo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Paula C
HiltonFortCollins, General Manager at Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Paula C,

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel during your stay here last month. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We continuously work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur and have had someone here at our hotel since receiving your response. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise that the situation has been addressed.