“We will definetly be back!”

Days Inn Fort Collins
Ranked #19 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed March 9, 2009

What a great staff! These people are so friendly and the room we stayed in was very nice. There was a wonderful continental breakfast and the staff was very attentive to our needs. The was very comfortable, felt more comfortable than the one at home! lol We had a very clean room and the breakfast was yummy! I give it 5 stars!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2008

I just stayed in Ft Collins for 10 days at 3 different hotels and this was by far the worst of the three. It was also the cheapest. First the plusses. It is convenient to I-25. Now for the minuses! The first thing I noticed was the window did not close properly or lock. This is definitely a safety issue. The door does not close behind you, either, which could be an issue if you are not very careful about closing it. I was constantly sending family members back to latch it properly. I left a maintenance slip that was taken, but nothing was done about either of them. That is enough to make me not want to stay here ever again.
Our tv reception was pretty fuzzy in the room, so we decided to go out into the lobby to the larger tv. It was interesting hearing how the hotel was overbooked, so they were taking people with reservations to the "sister" hotel across the street. I cannot imagine what that one must have been like. It was a very busy weekend in Ft Collins, so I felt lucky to have a room.
The room was very small and stale smelling. There was only a window a/c unit, so depending on where you were in the room, you were either hot or cold. There was no closet - only a few hangers on a rack in the corner of the room. My ironing board was broken, but they fixed it while I waited. No tourist information was available and the staff did not know much about the area either. I got directions at Waffle House across the street. I went to Waffle House because the breakfast was a carbohydrate nightmare. I'm sure some people like donuts and sugary drinks for breakfast, but I do not. At least they had apples and bananas. The shower was nice with an adjustable shower head - until someone flushed the toilet in another room. The water then was scalding hot. There was not a grab bar in the shower either, which could be a problem for some. There was no room to walk around in the room or to put a suitcase. There was no computer the first night. I overheard that it had been stolen. But, there was one the next day.
If you are looking to save money, this is your place. Just realize you may or may not get some sleep. The safety issues alone are enough to keep me away.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed August 15, 2008

This motel had the coffee pot on the top of the entertainment center and the handle was loose and the coffee spilled down the front of me. When I told the front desk I had scalded myself and the room needed to be cleaned he started yelling at me. They said they were not liable for that the coffee pot and that was a manufacturer fault. The showed me my check receipt and pointed to the small wording saying that they were not responsible. The front desk person who I believe was the owner started mimicking my words when I said I didn't believe what he was saying to me. They overcharged us by double and when I called Days Inn's to complain they said they were not liable either as that is a independent franchise and we would have to take it up with the owner. The man who yelled at us.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank MattyLou
Reviewed July 26, 2008

We had a decent stay at this hotel. The price was pretty inexpensive, so I won't say that I set my standards very high. The staff was courteous and the room seemed fairly clean.

The only issue I had was that all of the side/rear entrances did not require any type of key to enter. They were open 24 hours a day to whoever wanted to walk into the hotel.

Outside of my little security issue, I had a pleasant stay. It was a nice place to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2008

This small, simple hotel has basic clean rooms and very good rates. The breakfast was served up on time with fresh fruit, bagels, cereal and oatmeal. There's free wi-fi and a community PC if needed. I wanted to print my boarding pass the night before leaving and the community printer was out of ink. Later that evening, a staff member slid it under the door after finding my reservation and printing it herself on the PC behind the front desk. The friendliness and helfulness of the staff was top notch.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2008

We did a little research before staying at this fairly low priced hotel. We were not surprised at all. We have stayed at a wide variety of lodging, and this Inn is clean, comfortable, warm, quiet. We have stayed at a few dives, that is why I research motels ahead of time. I was pleased that this place was as good as it was considering the cost. The food was okay, but what do you expect for these kinds of rates? We will stay there again if we need to go to Ft. Collins again. I think you will be pleased, if you don't expect more than a basic motel.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2007

The hotel is located on a service road parallel to Mulberry street close to its intersection with I-25. There are other motels around.
The service and the price were reasonable.
The location is not that good, since there is a very small selection of restaurants around, other than fast food (one steak place not far away). However, the center of town is about 15 minutes drive away and you can find an additional selection of restaurants there.
On the negative side, this hotel suffers from a disease shared by many Days Inn establishments. The Wireless network has a really weak signal and in order to connect to it you need to sit at the lobby of the hotel, which is inconvenient. In the room I was not able to connect to the Internet from my lap top. My problem was shared by other guests whom I heard complain about it.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo