“Great experience, good deal”

Best Western University Inn
Ranked #4 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersSilver level
wildlifebio
“Great experience, good deal”
Reviewed August 11, 2007

I stayed here for a week during a conference. It was a great deal, clean, the breakfast was great, the staff were very helpful, etc. My hair drier in my room stopped working and they had maintance in there within 10 minutes to fix it. I highly recommend the Best Western at University. Plus, it is in an excellent location!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — small bathroom
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank wildlifebio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dallas
Reviewed May 7, 2007

I was in town for my daughters wedding. We had our reception at this hotel. I just wanted to comment on how rare it was to find a hotel with meeting space and NICE rooms that are well under $100 a night. The other hotels my wife dragged me to searching for the right place had nice enough "meeting" rooms, but their guest rooms weren't taken care of well! I feel this is a fair review as I did compare so many in town here before my wife selected this one. She keeps things white glove clean and this place was at her standards, I can't remember the last time I stayed at a hotel that my wife didn't complain about.. makes the stay twice as good for me when she's happy!

Jon Breybury

• Liked — My wife couldn't find a complaint (a ture rarity)
  • Disliked — I gave my daughter away to my new son in law
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank JonBreybury
Colorado
Reviewed April 16, 2007

I stopped by the other Best Western and after checking into my room, checked out. Too dirty! I walked into this hotel and got a fair price
and a very clean room, nice beds! Breakfast is good for healthy eaters and my kids loved it too. Staff is accomodating and cheerful -WOW! Pretty hotel, quiet and the service was outstanding.

Stayed April 2007
6 Thank ColoradoCowgirl
Yonkers, NY
Reviewed January 30, 2007

I had a great time visiting Fort Collins. This hotel was great about helping me find my way in a new town. The front desk staff has all kinds of information about where to go to eat and what to see. My room was pleasant, one queen sized bed, I thiknn it was a pillowtop mattress. The housekeeping staff was accomidating and always cleaned my room at the time that was best for me. I highly recommend the Best Western University Inn, on top of being a great place, it is right by the university and I could walk to the downtown area easily.

• Liked — free high speed internet - hard wired! My business will not allow me to use wireless.
  • Disliked — wish there was a indoor walkway to the pool
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled on business
5 Thank MIndyMandie
Fort Wayne Indiana
Reviewed October 18, 2006

I frequently travel to the Fort Collins area and had been staying with another hotel chain. Due to the fact that my usual hotel was sold out, I stayed at the Best Western University Inn. To my surprise, the hotel had the same amenities as my usual hotel, had a much more appealing price, and had better customer service. I am a heavy traveler and I am always looking for good accommodations. The staff went out of their way to book me reservations at my favorite restaurant and assisted me in finding a specific address that I was having a hard time locating. The location was very convenient for my work since it is located directly across from Colorado State University. Since my first stay in July, I am continuously satisfied with every ongoing stay. The Best Western University Inn is now my ONLY choice in Fort Collins.

• Liked — Service and Price
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
8 Thank Fast_Traveler32
Albuquerque
Reviewed August 14, 2006

Accommodations were just fine, we stayed in the back building, on a side street away from the noise of the main street. High-speed internet, clean rooms, no smell of smoke, and the location was very good........easy walking distance to downtown area and CSU campus.

5 Thank travel-dude09
Oregon
Reviewed April 15, 2006

While traveling across country, we stayed here. We chose the hotel for its location. (We wanted to be able to walk around downtown Fort Collins.) The location was perfect but it was just not worth the money. During seven nights of travel this was our most expensive and worst hotel.

The room was an okay size but the layout was a bit awkward. The hotel is old and the wear showed, especially in the bathroom. I could deal with this. What I found disgusting was that I looked at my feet after walking on the carpet in the room and they were black with dirt.

The pool seemed clean enough. There was a wedding going on in the room next to the pool and it felt a bit odd walking through the wedding party in my bathing suit. No big deal. The real problem was just that the staff was unfriendly, the room was worn down, and dirty.

• Stayed October 2005