“Another Nice Bestern Western”

BEST WESTERN University Inn
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“Another Nice Bestern Western”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Davis checked us in and was extremely accommodating. We asked, and he was happy to show us a couple of rooms before making our choice. Nice pool and spa area and a really nice breakfast; however, both my husband and I didn't feel very well shortly after breakfast...had to be some bad chopped ham or bacon or eggs they had for breakfast, as that was what we both ate. Easily walked right into downtown, just a few blocks away.

1 Thank Vicki M
BWUIHotelManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN University Inn, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Vicki M,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! I really appreciate your business and your feedback. I am glad Davis was able to assist you and provide you with all of the accommodations you needed.

I hope that you will come stay with us again soon!

970-484-2984 ext.125

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Haddam, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2014

This hotel is located only a few blocks from Old Town Ft Collins, which makes it great for going to dinner or events in the center of town. The staff were friendly and accommodating when we arrived before the scheduled check-in time. The complimentary breakfast was very good and plentiful. The first-floor room that we had was in the back of the hotel, so we had no street noise during recent roadway construction, but the room smelled and felt damp during the 5 days that we were there. Maybe the other rooms were better.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BWUIHotelManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN University Inn, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
BLL899,

Thank you for your recent review! I am glad we were able to get you an early check in and that the front desk was able to accommodate you during your stay with us! I do however want to apologize for your concern with the room. I have sent my Housekeeping Supervisor to address any problems with the carpet and the odor of the room. I want to offer you my sincerest apologies and I hope that you will return again and let me know if there is anything that you need in the future!

Hope to see you again soon!

970-484-2984 ext. 125
San Diego, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

This hotel has a great location, you can walk to downtown Fort Collins. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Davis checked us in and he was excellent! If we are ever back in the area, we would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank David M
David M,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review!! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the University Inn! I really appreciate your feedback about your stay and about Davis! It is guests like you that make our jobs that much more worth it! We hope to see you again soon!

970-484-2984 ext. 125
Fort Collins, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

The rooms are clean but not first rate. The overall sense of the hotel is what I would expect of a less expensive hotel chain. The cable tv was of the lowest quality and selection. Based on the price I paid I would have expected much better quality. My advice: If you are looking for quality, look elsewhere. This hotel is over priced for what you receive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Amy C
BWUIHotelManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN University Inn, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Amy C,

Thank you for review. I apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations during your stay. We are working on expanding our cable channel selection in hopes to please our guests. I am sorry that our other amentities did not suffice for you. I do appreciate your review and feedback and I hope that you will let me know if there is anything else you need in the future.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

No coffee in room as posted. Holes in wall, chips in paint in hall way. Hall ways hot and stuffy. Fitness room did not open until 8am. Out dated rooms. Dressers to big for room. Bathroom light took awhile to get bright. Will pay the extra money to stay at another hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

84brucem,

Thank you for review. I want to apologize that our new housekeeper, who is still training, missed putting the coffee in your room that day. I have spoken with my Housekeeping supervisor and he has made that she is aware of her mistake. Yes, our fitness room hours are 8am- 10pm, but if you ask the front desk they will open it as early as you would like. We also are in the process of renovating and updating our hotel. I am so sorry that we were not able to meet your standards at our hotel and I hope that as we progress in our updates we might better suit your needs. Thank you again for your feedback. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014

BEST WESTERN University Inn has great customer service. The manager Rebecca is one of the best I've encountered. They were very friendly and accommodating for all of my requests. I highly advise staying here.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 41aeiou
Hema K,

Thank you so much for your wondeful review! I am so happy that Rebecca and that rest of the staff was able to accomodate all of your needs! We hope that you will come back and visit us soon!!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Our Denver bicycle group of 12 stayed here last weekend and what a great staff they have at this Best Western in Fort Collins. Staff were all so friendly and helpful, and allowed us use of the breakfast room and meeting room. They let us keep bikes in the rooms and allowed us late check out for two rooms so we could change or shower after our Sunday bike ride. The rooms in back were quiet and there is plenty of parking. The hotel is clean, well-maintained and has a wonderful location.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends