“Weekend Away”

Best Western University Inn
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very friendly and attentive staff members. Nicely remodeled rooms with lots of clean and soft pillows! Super hot, hot tub and the continental breakfast was unexpectedly abundant. HD t.v. is a nice feature and the FREE movie channel is a bonus!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

The staff was so pleasant and the rooms were very well kept. I enjoyed my stay and plan to stay again when I'm back in town. I especially enjoyed the front desk gal. She was super sweet and informative. I recommend this hotel highly. Thanks for the experience.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The Best Western University Inn has a very professional staff! They answered all our questions about the area. Outstanding Continental Breakfast. Quiet rooms and furnished great for traveling. Located in a very convenient area so one can see the town.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This hotel is old and sadly has not been very well taken care of. It's 2 and a half star rating is due to the brand name alone. The desk staff has no knowledge of what rooms are being worked on and while they "upgraded" my room due to an issue it wasn't an upgrade. For the price there are 2 and a half star hotels on the South side of Fort Collins even 3 star that make it pointless to stay at this location. Learned my lesson

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Charity A
BWUIHotelManager, General Manager at Best Western University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Charity A,

I am very sorry that the carpets were not yet done being cleaned in your room when you checked into our hotel.

I apologize that when I brought you your new keys to your upgraded room in our east building and offered to carry your bags for you, I did not realize how truly upset you were. I wish I would have known at that moment to ensure you had a pleasant stay with us.

We value the cleanliness of our rooms and we were having our weekly carpet cleaning that day. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We hope you will return so that we can have another chance to provide you our superior care.

Ashley,
ashley@bwui.com
970-484-2984

Reviewed March 4, 2014

My favorite spot to stay in Fort Collins. The staff is sooo helpful and I always manage to find time to spend in the sunny, indoor pool and hot tub. Little things add up: free Wifi, a free bottled water (I just had to pay $5 in another hotel, another city!), very comfortable pillows, steel-cut oats for breakfast, good parking. A good night's sleep—and that's not a little thing. This last time there were chocolate chip cookies at the desk and the receptionist suggested that I warm one for 10 seconds in the microwave. Oh yes, I'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2014

The hotel was an older one but ok for a one night stay. They had tried to update the room but it was a little shabby around the edges. There were lots of college kids here since it is across the street from CSU. Several of them looked like they were living at the hotel and there was lots of chatting and visiting out on the walkways. I turned the fan on at night in the room and didn't notice any loud noises overnight. The staff was very pleasant and accomodating. The breakfast was average with the normal waffles, bagels, cereal and toast.

Room Tip: Our rooms were in the front part of the complex. The "back rooms" look to be an old dorm...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed just one night at the BW University Inn before a college tour at CSU. The hotel is right across the street from campus. Nothing fancy but the staff was very nice and the room was simple, clean and comfortable. We were in the newer building in the back of the main hotel, bottom floor. Two double beds, double sinks and separate toilet with tub/shower. Beds were comfortable; pillows not so great but I tend to be a pillow snob so they might have been fine. Breakfast was typical; scrambled eggs, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, pastries, waffle bar. The coffee was not great but it's hard to find good, strong coffee at any hotel breakfast buffet. We would stay here again for a night. The price was right!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family