“Great Value”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Casper, United States
“Great Value”
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We travel to Fort Collins often as our son lives here. We love this hotel for its proximity to the college campus and that we can walk downtown for shopping and dining. It is pet friendly and while we don't always bring our dog when we do we can walk her right across the street in the park. The location is perfect for every family visit.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWUIHotelManager, Manager at Best Western University Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Penney M,

Thank you for your review!

Thank you for staying with us when you come to visit your son, hope to see you soon!

karina@bwui.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Fort Collins CO, United States
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Love the location and helpful, friendly staff. I have stayed at this location numerous times and always find the service and rooms to be excellent. I recommend this location to my family and friends I could safely say I , that this my home away from home.

Elizabeth S,

Thank you for a wonderful review! We strive to provide great customer service and I am so happy that you can call this your home away from home.

Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends, I hope that they will come experience our hotel as well.

Denver, CO
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Reception folks were very pleasant. I was a bit worried when I saw that I was being put in a building "out back" that had the outside look of a refurbished dormitory or apartment building. I was also a bit worried when I saw that most of the other guests appeared to be the age of normal college students - particularly when some of them were leaving the doors to their rooms open to the hallway. However, in my room it was remarkably quiet and the facilities were more than adequate. I liked the parking in what someone else called an "open air courtyard". It felt like a protected area. Best of all, the hotel is very handy to Old Town Fort Collins - less than 5 minute drive, about a mile walk. There are also numerous restaurants even closer. WiFi worked great.
I was there mid-week, so didn't experience that party atmosphere or parking problems others described.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dincy,

Thank you for a great review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

I apologize that my staff needs to work on saying the "east building" not "out back".

Hope to see you again soon!

England
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here for business at Colorado State University - the hotel's location, just across the road, could not have been more convenient. My room felt slightly tired, and was poorly insulated from cold and noise outside, but was comfortable. The wireless internet was free, but unreliable - there was however a free PC for guest use in the lobby, and a telephone.

My main criticism concerns the breakfast offered. There was a reasonable choice of items, but only paper plates and bowls and plastic cutlery with which to eat. Given this hotel's 'eco' credentials, I found the amount of waste generated by this practice difficult to stomach. My towels were also changed every day, despite me placing them on the rail to indicate that I was happy to use them again.

Light sleepers will probably be woken a couple of times each night by the trains passing through CSU campus.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, based on price and convenience, but guests shouldn't expect opulence, or sustainability.

Lander, Wyoming
Reviewed January 13, 2014

If you loved those college dorm days of living with children having their first beer experience, then this place is for you. Proximity to CU and student discounts make this the place to be to keep the party going well into the early morning hours. Your room may face the open air courtyard where the ash trays are located right by windows to your room. There are no quiet hours, or at least none that are enforced.
If you call in a noise complaint (as i had to 3 out of 6 nights) expect lack luster results. The midnight staff have dealt with enough noise complaints over the years that you will likely be warned that "They are probably drunk and hard to deal with."
In your bed side night stand you will find not only a bible... but ear plugs as well. The ear plugs should be a clear indicator to you who is using this hotel regularly. The front desk, though sympathetic, ended the conversation with "Well, we are a University town!"
If you need to sleep, conduct business or relax at your hotel then continue driving, Best Western Univ. Inn is not the one for you. If you are here to party, well then, you are home.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is on the 2nd floor and does not face the parking area if you want some peace.
Omaha, United States
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel does not have enough parking, so you may have to car pool. Staff was rude and not very helpful. Internet service was not available and the staff did not want to help fix it. Not a bad place to stay, be ready to find additional parking if the Inn is full. Mary and Joseph would not have been able to park the donkey here, but there was a room available for them.

Mounds View MN
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We were quite pleased with this Best Western. Great location in Ft. Collins. Great pool area. Clean rooms. Delicious breakfast which included hot items as well as a very good fresh fruit selection. We would definitely stay here again.