“POS”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Jackson, Alabama
“POS”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

wow...I stayed a week at this establishment and decided a summary was in order. The place is dated and in need of a makeover. The air conditioner circulated the air, but only marginally 'conditioned' (cooled) the air. Other people complainted of a musty odor in their rooms.

The internet was appalling. It was supposed to be 'secure' with a password, but my low tech lap top readily connected and after a few minutes, I was kicked off repeatedly. The front desk staff gave me a number to call tech support. Hello? Am I missing something here? Isnt that a responsibility of the hotel personnel? I wasn't about to whiz away my cell phone minutes or be charged out the yang on the hotel phone to do their job! Anyway, I noticed some improvement after I complained to the front desk staff (took a few days, though). But it still wasn't secure.

Next--my wife went to the front desk to exchange some dollars for quarters to wash some clothes. The response: there is a change machine in the washing room. My sweetie's response: no there isn't. Hotel's response: let me talk to my manager....*after some crickets chirped*....the manager came forward and told my wife to go up the road to a bank!

I could bring up a few other notations...like the breakfast, but I think this is enough..in order to get my assessment across.

Summary of this hotel? POS. Needs to improve on hospitality and quality.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor; no elevators
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RoadGhost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Washington, DC
Reviewed August 2, 2012

You get exactly what you'd expect from a Best Western. Reliable, friendly, and an adequately comfortable room. Breakfast is ample with surprising variety (oatmeal and egg bars with associated toppings, variety of breads/muffins, yogurt, fruit, make your own waffles). Friendly and cheerful young staff at the front desk. Even the night guy was amenable to helping me carry my bags from my room to catch my shuttle, and giving me some breakfast before the 6am start time. On-site laundry is a major benefit, as is complementary wireless internet. Decent cable TV channels. Excellent access to CSU campus- literally across the street. Located on the "main drag" in Ft. Collins, easy walking access to town center, shops, and restaurants.

Rooms in front and rear building were a little different. I'd say my room in the front building was more spacious, with much more counter space in the bathroom. Beware first floor rooms in the rear building that are adjacent to to the street (ones on the parking lot side should be fine)- you are uncomfortably close to a well-travelled sidewalk, so privacy is impossible unless you close the blackout curtains.

Room Tip: My front bldg room was a bit nicer/newer, but not sure if that is true across the board.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Spent 3 nights. Check in was a little shaky and slow. It appeared we caught some new help who were a little confused. Once we got through the check in process the rest of our stay was very pleasant. It's an older style hotel but very clean and well kept. Allison (Mgr.) was very attentive to our needs as we had to change rooms midstream to accomadate our pet on our last night. My wife had misplaced a valueable necklace and did not notice it missing until we had left the motel and were back home 8 hours away. I was able to reach Allison and nothing had been turned in by housekeeping. My wife was sure it had been left on her nightstand. Allison checked that evening but the room was already occupied by another guest so a thorough search would have to wait until the next day check out. We gave it up for lost and after many tears and much anguish for our negligence we were pleasantly surprised when we received another call from Allison informing us they had found the necklace hooked up in the bedding between the nightstand and the bedskirt. This was the following day. Amazing!!! The people at this hotel have serious integrity and made sure our valuables were in the mail and on their way home the same afternoon at no charge to us. I will allways stay here when I return to Fort Collins.

Room Tip: There are two parts to hotel. The rear Annex seemed to be a little nicer and featured interior corri...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Nice location, since there isn't much else, if you want to walk to Old Town. Our non-smoke/pet room was clean. Breakfast was pretty good though the coffee was weak so make up for that by visiting a local coffee place. Rates were really high but the Taste of Fort Collins was on. Nice location.

• Stayed June 2012
Ethel, Missouri
Reviewed June 8, 2012

The Best Western University Inn in Fort Collins, CO was our 3rd stop on our spring break college visit road trip. We arrived late, but had no trouble checking in. Our room was on the 2nd floor and faced the back of the property, but was next to the stair which lead down to the office. Our room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. We didn't realize the pool was open, so we didn't venture over to try it out. The breakfast included with the room was satisfactory. You can't beat the location if you're planning a visit F.Collins area

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Pretty quiet room, convenient to why I was in town, and staff was friendly. Breakfast was limited, but there was some sort of sports team already in the lobby, they may have cleaned the place out. There was also a microwave in the the lobby for use, and a fridge in the room. Overall, it's a decent place for a good price. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 9, 2012 via mobile

We spent a week in Fort Collins at this hotel. The rooms are basic, but clean. The location was the main attraction- across the street from CSU and walking distance to a great variety of pubs, restaurants and coffee shops. One word of warning, the hotel fronts a busy street and is adjacent to student housing area. Most nights had average noise levels for a downtown hotel, but on weekend nights we could hear nearby parties until the wee hours. Consider earplugs for weekend stays or request a room in the most quiet part of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012