“Horrible service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 19, 2012

My Husband and I had lunch here. I had an omelet and my husband had a Monte Cristo Sandwich. The food tasted pretty good but the service was TERRIBLE!!! The waitress sat at the bar on her laptop the entire time and never checked on us until we were done with our meal. I definitely won't be going back.

1  Thank Kendra T

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I'm easy peasy here at this restaurant. What I mean is when I look at the menu I'm like "ooo i want that - then - oooo - I want that!! uh oh" so basically I guess I need to visit more often, They take some basic things you know and add a bit of a twist - make a sandwich open face, add cheddar instead of swiss, put local veggies on the side instead of silly coleslaw (yuck so done with coleslaw) and I think the coffee is stellar!

I have been here when it is slow like Wed. lunch but when the economy dropped and the local high rise businesses lost tons of tenants, that's what happens. So please drop by this great local restaurant if you have a choice - go local if you can and fill up their quiet weekdays so they stay open all the time!!

Weekends are not the only time to have breakfast and lunch out!

Only issue is parking can be tricky....especially with the S. Mason thing now....come to think of it - I will order lunch there today and pick it up!!

keep it going Dempsey's - love all your combinations! Even the PBJ option!!! :-)

Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Came for breakfast - lots of choices, many novel (fried Brie - my mom loved it). Excellent omelets, and full bar if you need an eye-opener (I didn't, so can't report). Good location, nice decor (classier than the Egg & I).

Reviewed March 7, 2012

f I could say only one thing about Dempsey's, it would be "Go for breakfast."

Here in Fort Collins, we love our neighborhood breakfast joints. We love pancakes drizzled in maple syrup, thick cut crispy bacon, mountains of golden hash browns, and pools of rich country gravy on top of pillows of flaky biscuits. We love to start our day off right - with a full stomach and happy taste buds.

There isn't a shortage of breakfast options in Fort Collins. Unlike certain ethnic styles, I've never once heard someone lament over a breakfast item missing from our collection of culinary options. We pretty much have it all, and I've reviewed just about all of them, too. Each place has its own unique characteristics, even if the breakfast menu is identical to others in town. Dempsey's is in the "breakfast belt" of Fort Collins, and yet manages to offer a few notable menu items with charming local atmosphere.

Dempsey's opened in October of 2006 on the corner of Mason and West Oak Street, next to Fish, Indulge, and Jay's Bistro. Owned by Amy Christian and Mike Pribesh, they offer a fresh and simple menu with some great vegetarian options. It's a relaxed little corner of Old Town, and the times that I've been, it hasn't been busy at all -which is kind of sad. I really enjoy the friendly service, and particularly Amy's dry wit.

With Amy's deadpan waitress humor (that I love) and a fantastic breakfast menu available until 3:00pm - if there's only one thing I can say about Dempsey's, it's "go for the breakfast."

Reviewed February 18, 2012

We went to Dempsey's because my parents wanted to take the whole clan out for breakfast. We'd never eaten at Dempsey's before. There were 13 of us. I ordered the biscuits and gravy. It came with scrambled eggs, hash browns and bacon. I will have to say, it was the best biscuits and gravy breakfast I had ever had. My son, who is 28, asked us the next day how we thought the food was. He said his waffle was really good and I heard that from several of the other people there that their food was exceptionally good. I rate a place by the "I want more of that" factor. I definitely want more of that...but I couldn't eat there every day or I wouldn't be very healthy.