“Food OK, atmosphere lacking”
Review of Dempsey's - CLOSED

Dempsey's
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Colorado
“Food OK, atmosphere lacking”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

The food was okay, but uninspired. We were there at lunch on a beautiful summer day, and it was quite empty. The service was slow considering only a few tables were filled.

Visited August 2011
1 Thank wishccr

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good Birthday Breakfast”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We had heard that Dempsey's was great for breakfast. Since my family could only go out for breakfast on my birthday, we gave it a try.

The first thing I liked was that my twin toddlers were given more than just crayons to occupy them. They had little blocks and cars in buckets for them. My husband ordered a basic breakfast, and I ordered the decadent Raspberry Beret French Toast. My mom and dad were happy to see options for their health concerns.

We asked that my twins' dishes would be served as soon as they were ready, and our waitress put their order in first. Their food came quickly and was appreciated! Everything was delicious. The water and coffee carafes were kept full, and empty plates were cleared promptly. The waitstaff was friendly, attentive (but not intrusive), and efficient.

The ambiance isn't remarkable, but it is nice and clean. There was no wait to be seated, and we didn't feel rushed. The bill was not shocking, either! The food seemed reasonably priced.

My only minor complaint is that the fruit kabobs on the kids' menu was a bit lacking. My kids made very quick work of it. The french toast plate was much more satisfying.

Overall, I would go back to Dempsey's and recommend it as a 'must try' for Fort Collins breakfast dining!

• Visited October 2011
austin
“Best Breakfast in the Front Range”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Truly outstanding menu full of wonderful and creative breakfast choices for everyone! I had the pumpkin pecan waffles and since it was a fall like day, it was perfect with a hot cup of coffee! My husband had an omelet stuffed with so lots of goodies that it became a full meal for him! Our german shepherd was with us so we sat outside along Oak Street on the bench seating. He loved being with us as passerbys smiled seeing him sit having breakfast with us! We're going to try out lunch next chance we can. Hear their Monte Cristo sandwich isn't fried!

• Visited September 2011
Iowa City, IA
“Great Breakfast, so-so Lunch”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We ate here with a couple we are friends with. The wives both ordered breakfast (Oatmeal, and french toast), the husbands ordered lunch (turkey sandwich and stuffed hamburger). The wives left raving about how it was one of the best breakfasts they've ever eaten. The husbands left with a bad case of food envy.

This is a great place for breakfast or brunch. Next time we are in Fort Collins I'm sure my wife is going to want to eat there again. Next time I'm ordering breakfast, though.

• Visited July 2011
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good enough food, could have been better”
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Just ate an omelet that was supposed to have chorizo, avocado and more and realized that there was so little chorizo, I forgot about about it until I found a couple of crumbles. The fruit accompaniment and avocados were a bit underripe, but not bad. Overall it was a pretty standard omelet. My friend's Southwest Sandwich looked yummy, though. Roast beef, cheese and grilled chiles, toasted.

• Visited May 2011