“Very good italian food in a casual place”
Review of Nick's Italian

Nick's Italian
Ranked #48 of 686 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Nick's is a neighborhood Italian American restaurant across from Colorado State University. We serve Italian classics and NY style pizza.
Reviewed September 6, 2018

Right across from Colorado State University, this is great place to grab food and drink. Crispy crusted pizza and plentiful tasty dishes. Service was friendly and prompt. Very good place to grab some Italian food. If our daughter goes to CSU, we will return many times.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We went on a Friday for dinner as it is their clam night. Clams were good but thought the sauce was bland. Garlic bread and calamari rounded our the meal. Still searching for good calamari as didn't find it at Nick's.
Dined early and it wasn't busy and service was great.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank E M
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I took my mother there for her birthday. We fought flies, but killed 4 before our food came but their were many more. Food wasn't that great, never received any bread with our dinners. I ordered a frozen mule because they had table toppers advertising it but was told they weren't selling any that day...and service was slow. We'll never go back.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank terrible85
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

My daughter enjoyed the spaghetti and meatballs. My husband and I shared the shrimp and pineapple pizza. We were both very impressed! Bar service and selection was very nice. The wait staff was excellent! Would highly recommend going here!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018

After getting rave reviews, we visited. The food was good. My husband had the eggplant parmesan, and I had shrimp pasta. The garlic bread was great! However, once we ordered food and established that we would be drinking tea and not beer or wine, our server basically disappeared. He was clearly moving around the restaurant, but didn't stop by to check on us at all. The next time we saw him was to bring the bill. Just because we aren't going to be a big ticket meal because we didn't order a bottle of wine, doesn't mean we aren't going to tip well and deserve the same level of service. And, I'm not being sensitive. He actually made a face when I stayed with water and my husband ordered iced tea. We were visiting Ft. Collins, so didn't go back. If I lived nearby, the food was good enough that I would try it again and hope for better service. Also, this was a week night, so they weren't so busy we got lost in the shuffle.

Date of visit: July 2018