“Solid Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Atlanta, Georgia
“Solid Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

HGI in Ft Collins is a fairly new hotel with basic amenities. Fro business travel, it is in a great location with new restaurants and shopping across the street. The hotel is located a short distance from the Interstate and about a 10 minute drive from downtown Ft Collins. The staff here is very friendly and service oriented.

The hotel is about 1.5 hours from the Eldora Ski Resort in case you get a half dayoff.

It would be nice if the hotel was a bit closer to downtown, but again, for me this is not a big deal.

Overall, very happy with the hotel. I will defintiely stay hee again.

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2009

I chose this hotel when I checked out of another unsatisfactory place. The front desk folks here were cordial and competent, and got me settled in very professionally. The room was clean, quiet and comfortable, and the morning breakfast was a nice way to start the day. There is a very nice restaurant just across the parking lot (Austin's) where I went for dinner. I was delighted by the experience here, and would stay here again if the opportunity presented itself.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Denver, CO
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

Hilton Garden Inn placed an unauthorized charge of $160 twenty-six days after my stay. I am a musician and My room had been paid for by festival organizers and I was assured by the help at the Hilton front desk that I only needed to give them my credit card for incidentals, that I would not be charged for the room, I gave them my card with that understanding because I was not allowed to check into the room without providing a credit card. When I checked out, my bill was 0.00, reflecting payment by the organizers, yet 26 days later my credit card was charged, there was no notice and no warning that this was going to happen. The manager, Patricia, has been completely unhelpful, she even gave me the wrong phone number to take my complaint to a higher level within the Hilton Company, and refused to remove the unauthorized charge. I am disputing the charge with my credit card company, and have made a formal complaint with the Hilton company. But I still don't have my money back.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank COMusician
colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2009

BEWARE THEIR CANCELLATION POLICY DOES NOT FOLLOW INDUSTRY STANDARDS. We booked a reservation and were unable to make the trip. We gave four days notice, but their policy was seven days. When I asked to speak with someone to complain, I got a total run around. The on-site employees have no authority and they don't have the phone number for their out-of-state management group. It took two days for the hotel manager to get someone from the management company to call me. I was charged for one nights stay.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank sub21
Madison
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2008

Nice place to stay. Recommend this to business travelers.

Their internet is VERY slow, other than that, everything is nice!

Stayed November 2008
Denver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2008

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for one night for a wedding. The hotel was conveniently located near the wedding reception and highway. The hotel was spotless and the room was extremely comfortable (bed was large and had the perfect pillows). We'd stay again if we were up in that area for some other event.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank KMUsher
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2007

My son and I stayed here over the CSU homecoming weekend. The hotel is new, clean and the staff is very friendly.
There is a restaurant on site, and we were told breakfast was not included in our room rate. However, later, I noticed some guests checking in and receiving vouchers for the continental breakfast. We paid the $5.00/person for the continenetal breakfast which was very good. Quite a bit to choose from.

My son loved the indoor swimming pool, although it was quite small. Our bed was wonderful. I loved the adjustable "garden' sleep system. It was a bit far from the campus, but easy access to the highway.

Stayed October 2007