“An Amazing Surprise in Ft Collins”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Collins
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Fort Collins
Reviewed December 2, 2010

After more than 20 years "on the road," hotel living had become pretty bland, and then I took a long term contract in Ft Collins, CO and discovered the Homewood Suites Hilton. From the moment I walked into the hotel I could feel and see the difference! This hotel is beautiful and well appointed, and gives one the feeling of "walking through a door into the past", when a hotel stay was something special. The suites are quite elegant and very comfortable, and the amount of space is amazing. I have a beautiful living/sitting room, a full kitchen, a huge bedroom, a vanity area and full bathroom. My suite has every amenity I could ever desire (including very fast internet), but that's not all. Homewood Suites HIlton has a large, well decorated dining room, and serves an amazing complimentary breakfast, under the direction of Miss Jill and Miss Maria, and dinner, under the direction of Miss Janice and Derek. The food is amazing and belongs in a four star restaurant. Other amenities include a work-out area, pool, and more services that I have room in this review to mention. The rest of the staff is also amazing. April and Stephanie will greet you in the morning, and Shayne and Jonathan will greet you in the evening. Joe handles the maintenance and driving of the courtesy vehicle (which will take you just about anywhere) and Jacob, the assistant general manager can be found just about anywhere, doing just about anything.
There is a sense of friendship among all the staff members, and after only one week, I feel like I'm home. If you are ever in Ft Collins, take the opportunity to experience the Homewook Suites Hilton. You won't regret it!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank ronhansard

Reviewed November 14, 2010

Very clean and nice hotel. No bar or restaurant, but in Fort Collins you will want to be out in the town anyway. Beds are adjustable for firmness. Micro and refrig in the room. Nice bathrooms and decor.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2010

I stayed with my daughter who attends CSU and we loved this hotel. We stayed on points and had a 1 bedroom suite. We liked having the separate living room to relax and the small kitchen was perfect for storing and heating up leftovers. The breakfast was nice with different choices every day. We also loved the dinner and used it for a snack before going out but could have been a full meal for us. All staff was very friendly and helpful.

My only complaint is the design of the bedroom.... if you're using the sink area in the morning the lights shine right on the other person.... there's no divider - it's part of the room.

It was further from CSU than I had thought but I would consider staying again because it was such a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 30, 2010

This is a nice hotel in many ways-good location, relatively new, clean. Our complaint is the mattress sagged in the middle and our backs hurt. When we checked out, we mentioned this to the employee who said she did not know what could be done as the mattress was "not that old." If all mattresses are this way at this hotel, I would avoid it. If our mattress was a fluke-it is a nice hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
KRSFORTCOLLINS1, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2010

Thank you for your comments as they provide us the opportunity to continue to improve on our guest services and products. I apologize for the problems with your mattress and any frustrations and inconveniences you encountered. I will be reviewing this area with our staff and in particular your room. Although we have always received compliments on our mattresses and never any complaints, we take your comments seriously and will investigate further. I was glad to read that you commented we were a "nice hotel", and do hope you can give us a second chance in the future. We greatly appreciate your business and thank you once again. Kent Stine, General Manager

Reviewed October 2, 2010

Usually, when I travel for business, I end up staying at the cheapest hotel possible, but we stayed at the Homewood Suites, because of the value of a full, true suite with a complete kitchen. Based on the amenities that the hotel offered, such as the hot breakfast buffet and the dinner on weeknights, not to mention the guest laundry and business center, I saved an estimated $250! Everything was well maintained, to the point that on our 2nd day, I'd made a comment to one of my companions that this was the dirtiest place in the hotel & that same day, the carpet had been replaced by a tile floor! It was almost as if the staff overheard me! Each staff member went out of their way to make our stay more pleasant, to the point that the breakfast staff would carry my plate to the table for me, because I walk with a cane. Will I stay here again? ABSOLUTELY! Should you stay here? ABSOLUTELY!!!!! This is the best hotel I've stayed at in a LONG time.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2010

We stayed here for six months while our house was reconstructed after a disaster. We couldn't have picked a better place. The staff leaped to meet all of our needs. The rooms and lobby were spacious and clean. FREE breakfast daily and dinner buffet four nights a week adds value. The dinner cook is awesome - a true friend. The manager, Kent Stine, is a real people person - friendly, available, works hard to please. Lots of displaced families and business people stay here, and come back over and over again. Location is convenient as gateway to Rocky Mountains, for visiting the University, or any of the big IT companies in SE Fort Collins. Good restaurants in walking distance. Great people, great place.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jhannah13
Reviewed July 27, 2010

I chose the Homewood Suites because my husband and I were traveling with our 18 yr old son and 20 yr old daughter, and we needed more than just a single hotel room with 2 beds, but seemed crazy and very expensive to have 2 hotel rooms. Homewood Suites surpassed my greatest expectations. We had a suite that had 2 separate bedrooms and bathrooms, a kitchen and living area with a pull out couch, and 3 tvs. It was large enough for us all to have our own space. It was very comfortable and clean. The staff was amazing. The breakfast was a complimentary hot buffet, the best I have ever seen and saved us $40 a day at least. I will always look for Homewood Suites when I travel!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family