“Average, would not stay here again”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Collins
Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Fort Collins
Adelaide, Australia
“Average, would not stay here again”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

My husband and 1 year old daughter stayed here for one night in Dec 2012 while visiting friends in Ft. Collins. We had asked for a porta-cot for our 1 year old daughter and a room with a bathtub. I called before making the reservation to make sure the rooms had bathtubs so we could bathe our daughter. I also called after booking the reservation to request that the baby bed was in the room upon our arrival as we would be arriving late. The receptionist both times was very rude and put us on hold (was calling from overseas) for over 5 minutes. He assured us the room would have the baby bed in the room. When we arrived there was no babybed and no request listed for the bathtub. They promised to bring it right up, we went to get some groceries and came back and still no baby bed. Finally after getting angry they brought it up, but no linen for the bed?!? There is also still a smoking section (our room smelled like smoke) too- I was shocked as I thought Ft. Collins was smoke free. Anyway, the staff were rude and asked if our minor request was a huge imposition. The hotel is dingy, the room was worn and dated. There are lots of hotels in this area- pick another one!! We won't stay here again. I should note that we are fans of Homewood Suites and have many positive stays at this chain, but not the Ft. Collins one!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Wendy U

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Braintree
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed for two days on an annual business trip. The hotel was very clean. Staffs were very friendly. The suite was nice and clean, would be comfortable for my family of four. Breakfast was very good. Manager reception includes craft beer, wine and "light diner", which served salad, meatball and sub. Imagine after a long day of work, just relax in front of the fire place with a good beer and diner, perfect.
However, this is Homewood, not Embassy, so the wall was not super insulated, I was able to hear my neighbor. The bathroom is nice and roomy but does not have a tub.
I like this Homewood much better than the CourtYard next door.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Massachusetts
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We just spent time in the front range north of Denver, looking for retirement possibilities. Our northernmost stop was in Fort Collins and, using the TripAdvisor rating, we chose the Homewood Suites on Oakridge. It was perfect!! The location is in the southern end of Fort Collins, so it's a short drive north to the University or Old Town. It gives one ideal access south to Loveland and Lyons, east to Greeley and Windsor, and west to the Horsetooth Resevoir (a must-do drive), and up Big Thompson Canyon into Estes Park and Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park.
The suite (a 1-bedroom) was ideal: plenty of room, comfy bed, well-planned bathroom, great kitchen, relaxing living room and shiny clean all around. Breakfast was pleasant, hot, yummy and included in the rate.
But the very best asset of this property is the staff! Everyone treated us like family (the good kind of family) and went out of their way to help us at every turn. They gave us local advice about neighborhoods to look at and driving directions for a superb canyon tour. We had planned to stay for 2 nites but, when I got a stomach bug on day 2, they happily extended our stay, sent up fresh towels and made sure we had everything we needed while I rode-out the bug.
We cannot recommend this property highly enough and you will surely find us there on our next trip west.

Room Tip: Our 1-bedroom on the top floor was quiet and delightful. The big parking lot is in the back if you...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Kent S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Collins, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing The Homewood Suites Fort Collins. We know there are numerous choices for hotel accommodations, and we are so pleased that you gave us this opportunity. We greatly appreciate you taking the time and commenting on our visit here, and are delighted to read all of your wonderful comments. I will make sure to share this with our entire team, as I know it will put an extra "bounce" in everyone's step as we all love to be recongized this way. Thank you again, we look forward to your return to the Northern Colorado area, and if I can be of any assistance please just let me know.
Alameda, CA
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The motel was clean and well equipped. Not exactly stylish, but not too frumpy. What you'd expect for a Hilton chain. Monday through Thursday they have a "light" dinner: if that's "light", I'd hate to see "heavy". During our stay they had meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy, steamed veggies and fresh bread rolls. That is not a "light" meal to me, but I wasn't going to argue as my husband gobbled it down and pronounced it "Great!"

It also has a free breakfast buffet as most places of this type now do. Runny eggs, undercooked bacon, bagels...nothing new to see here, so move along. However, it did have free WIFI, which has become a necessity in this day and age. Do places even charge for this service anymore?

The only ding I would give it would be the bed--kind of the cardinal item of hotel ratings, for me. First, our king-sized bed appeared to have queen sized sheets. During the night, it pulled off the mattress on my husband's side of the bed. Next, it had a "miracle fibre" duvet/comforter that felt weirdly greasy and coarse at the same time. We ended up putting a sheet on the bed over the comforter so that during the night, we wouldn't be gripping a piece of buttery sandpaper.

I will also ding this place for being in the middle of Mall World. Lots of chain restaurants, strip malls and things you see anywhere throughout the US. It's only a short hop to where Fort Collins's better restraurants and attractions are, but I guess I can't blame the motel for where the developer put it. But, I wish cities like Fort Collins (cute, interesting, cool and fun) would alllow and/or foster hotel/motel redevelopment near the center of town so that you wouldn't have to hop in your car every time you wanted a decent cup of coffee or something more interesting to see than the local JCPenny...

Don't know if I'll stay here again when I visit here (which we do annually) but I just may.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Centennial, CO
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed one night, Christmas Eve, with snow forecast and very cold temperatures. The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants and a short drive to the center of town. The studio suite was very roomy and included a small kitchen and large bathroom. It was totally quiet but probably due to few guests. Parking was convenient and when we departed on Christmas Day the parking lot and sidewalks were cleaned of 4" of snow. Perhaps because of the few guests and very cold weather it took several minutes to get hot water for bathing. The hotel is well equipped for business guests as they have a nice room with two computers available for use. There was a conference/meeting room too. Check in was smooth and very quick. The only negative was that the hot breakfast was cold...the scrambled eggs, hash browns and sausage were cold even though they were in covered heated containers...something must have been wrong. The waffles were great however and all of the other choices were fine. Overall, we had a good nights rest in a comfortable king bed, warmth from the outside cold and good service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed December 17, 2012

homewood suites provides good service, value, and space for the price. Great service, friendly staff, and clean accommodations. The sofa sleeper is a nice way to have a 3rd person in the room without being cramped. Great cable TV opt

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Greeley, Colorado, United States
Reviewed December 11, 2012

indoor pool and hot tub was very nice and the accomodations to nearby resterants are walking distance also the room was very clean and had a full kitchen for convienece as to add your own food and that made it such a nice stay.

Room Tip: corner suites are large and sunny
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo