I've stayed at this hotel twice in a two-year period, with the most recent being last month. In each case I found the personnel to be very friendly and the facilities pleasantly situated, yet a few little things went wrong.
First, the things that went right during my stay last month. The front desk personnel welcomed me warmly upon check-in, which was completed professionally and efficiently, and my Hilton HHonors Gold member cookies and water were awaiting me in the room. I was given a clean, quiet room with a view of the mountains, per my request--I appreciated this very much. The hotel's location is quiet yet it is close to restaurants and shopping. The hot breakfast was tasty, and the staff members did manage to keep up with the demands of feeding a full house, which can be a real challenge. Plus, having the pantry snacks available 24 hours/day is a real plus.
So now for the little things that weren't quite right. I rack up at least 16 stays in Hilton family hotels a year, with many of them being in Homewood Suites. My "average" stay in these hotels is absolutely perfect, so when things aren't quite right I'm a bit surprised.
During my trip last month, I needed to use the room to work one morning. I tried to access the wireless network and it told me that there were "too many people logged in, try back again later." Having a wireless system that cannot accommodate all guests in a hotel that caters to business travelers strikes me as a really bad idea.
While I was working, the housekeeping staff left a note under the door saying that if I wanted my room cleaned I should contact the front desk by 2:00. So upon completion of my work at 12 noon I phoned the front desk. After 24 rings, someone answered and said they'd be happy to tell the housekeeping staff that they could clean my room now. When I returned at 8 p.m., however, the room had not been touched.
Upon checkout, the front desk person asked whether my stay had been perfect. I said that they had a very nice hotel but also told her of these two problems. The front desk person said that I should have called down about the internet and she would have "kicked other people off of the network." Really? If I was one of those other people, I'm not sure how I would have felt about having my connectivity terminated. She didn't address the room cleaning situation at all. I would have felt a lot better if I had been offered some Hilton HHonors points or even some cookies as compensation, but I was not offered anything.
I stay in Ft. Collins at least twice a year, and I seem to have better luck at the Hilton on Prospect St., a couple of miles north.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Open since May 2007, this beautiful hotel creates a home away from home. Offering complimentary hot buffet breakfast 7 days a week, a light dinner including beer and wine 4 days a week, kitchens in every suite and complimentary internet access, you just might want to stay for weeks! We are a pet friendly hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Fort Collins reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Fort Collins Hotel Fort Collins
- Homewood Suites Fort Collins
- Homewood Fort Collins
- Fort Collins Homewood Suites
- Fort Collins Hilton