“Awesome!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Agave Grill

Blue Agave Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Agave Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 590 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Contemporary, Mexican, Southwestern, Latin
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We are a from-scratch kitchen with a contemporary twist on southwestern cuisine. Our menu is 80% gluten free with many unique options from tacos to seafood specialties. We are known for our house-infused tequilas in our signature margaritas. Our Muy Macho Margarita is the house favorite with jalapeño-infused tequila!
Loveland, Colorado
“Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Went here with family for a birthday dinner and enjoyed the food and service! I had the mango fish tacos which were excellent and my mom had the en fuego tacos which looked awesome!! The Sangria Swirl was also a hit!! Great menu variety, won't be disappointed.

• Visited June 2014

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh Mexican Cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I liked this restaurant, good central location and the waitress was very friendly and helpful. The Gluten Free blue corn enchiladas were very good, I will go back!

• Visited June 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Upscale Mexican Cuisine - noisy restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

My husband, dad, and myself decided to grab dinner here last week for the first time since it opened. We ordered a couple varieties of their specialty Margaritas to start with, along with the Ahi Tuna appetizer. We enjoyed the starters. My husband ordered the stuffed relleno and it was delicious! My dad and I split the large steak on the menu, but were not aware that the sweet potatoes au gratin, contained goat cheese (as it was not listed on menu). I cannot eat goat cheese on anything, but the waiter was kind enough to bring me a substitute of the mashed potatoes and they were delicious. Overall I would say the food is very good. It was noisier that we would have liked, we couldn't visit well.

“Great Family Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

My family went here recently (May 2014). We are myself, wife, three year old, and 4 year old. I had the mango fish tacos which were very delicious. My kids split a cheese quesadilla and liked it. We had two magaritas (mine had a slight kick with jalepenos in it) and the kids each had a bottle of Thomas Kemper Root Beer. If we had to do it again, we would have split the one bottle between the two kids.
The service was excellent and the staff very attentive. The lcoation is also interesting in the basement of the old Fort Collins Post Office.
We will definitly go back.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Looked forward to going there, but a little underwelmed with the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We were a group of five that ate at this restaurant for the first time this past Saturday night. We had been excited about the prospects from looking at the menu, although with it so extensive, a little worried about them over reaching a bit in the variety. I had their "Ultimate Enchiladas" with lobster and shrimp and what little bits of lobster there were in them was fairly tasteless. The shrimp were small and well cooked so they weren't tough at all, but felt like the lobster sauce was fairly tasteless. I had to really think about the lobster sauce to consider how it tasted, and my impression was it's flavors were washed out and too light to work. Beans and rice included were rather tasteless as well. I felt like they missed the mark on a potential nice dish. Two people had different versions of their skirt steak, and both were not overly impressed. One included an enchilada like I had ordered and his opinion was very similar to mine. Steaks were ordered medium and a medium rare and both were served rare. One had a pork dish which she said the pork was overcooked, and again the flavors were off the mark as far as blending well together and a lack of flavors.
The 5th person ordered off the appetizer menu and got the shrimp and lobster tacos. Again the lobster, well, it seems they are trying to use the current cheapness of lobster in their menu in a positive way, but end up with it being a negative instead of a positive.
Chips and salsa - chips were tasty, salsa was bland. Margs, we all had two, we all had no buzz at all. Not bad in flavor, but nothing I would consider a must have. All in all we felt they missed the mark on all the dishes we had and was disenchanted with the possibilities. Overpriced for the quality served.

• 2 of 5 bubbles