All reviews front desk great room comfortable beds next morning fitness center staff was friendly comfortable stay old town hie collins ft pillows microwave redone cheyenne pet
Reviewed September 15, 2015

We arrived late during the Labor Day Weekend. Nice hotel but the pillows were a little skimpy. Just a short one night stay but we were overall satisfied with the room and service. Typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast but glad they had turkey sausage instead of the usual pork. Would probably stay again if I was in the area.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
fclhiexpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2015

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at our hotel. We always appreciate guest feedback. I am sorry our pillows did not meet your standards. We have both firm and soft pillows for our guests and I hope you will come stay with us again so we can show you that have taken your concerns seriously. If you like the firm or soft better we are more than happy to get you a couple extra for your stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Fort Collins.

Reviewed September 14, 2015

After a long day of traveling to Denver since 4am, then a few hours in the line at the car rental agency, then the hour drive from Denver to Fort Collins Holiday Inn Express >>> you are TIRED and just in the need of a hot bath and a comfortable bed. Sad to say, instead of being greeted with excellence, I spent almost 2 hours dealing with a Front Desk Manager who cared less for the extensive travel I just endured.

Upon arrival at the Holiday Inn Express off Wheaton and Harmony in For Collins, I did not have enough funds available on my credit card for incidentals. The hotel stay was already paid for in full in advance. I explained to the manager that the car rental agency has over $1400 worth of authorizations on my card due to issues with renting the vehicle. The authorizations will fall off in 24 hours. In addition, my local employer is a frequent customer of the hotel and has a strong relationship with the location. Since the room was paid for in full, allow the courtesy check in and then I can return in the morning for whatever incidental authorizations. Considering the hotel does not have a restaurant, there will be no incidental charges anyway. IT DID NOT MATTER. The manager then called the General Manager by phone who also cared less to speak to me as a customer even after requested.

This was the worse hotel experience I have ever had and the most embarrassing to have other waiting guests witness what was unfolding while standing in the lobby with luggage. I will NEVER stay at this location again and I encourage anyone who is seeking amazing service and happy memorable experiences, to spend your money at the other many hotel options in the same area (street).

It is funny to read in the elevator, this hotel's posting that basically says, If you have a great experience with them, please post on Trip Advisor. But if you have had a not so good experience, please come speak to them. Absolutely, this customer will never recommend this location to friends, family or colleagues and will share this experience with everyone so no one else have to endure such blatant disregard to yes, rules are great to have; AND then leaders assess situations with facts and add the human element as exceptions!!!!

Room tip: Book your stay with a different hotel; not this one!
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Fort Collins, I apologize that our hotel did not meet your standards. We strive for great guest services and it seems we fell short with you.
As far as an advanced purchase reservation is concerned we still take a credit card for incidentals, you are correct that we do not have a restaurant in our hotel but we do have a lot of amenities and items in the room that we do not want to have damaged, we also have a smoking policy and that is why we have an authorization put on your card. I am sorry I did not get back to you, I was not aware that I needed to contact you and I will be speaking with my staff about this because again we strive to make this a great hotel guests love and I do not like seeing that we did not meet and exceed someone's expectations.
I know you said you would not stay again but if you could reach out I would love to speak with you in person so you know I have taken your concerns seriously and we hope you come stay with us again at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Fort Collins.

Thank you.

Reviewed August 16, 2015

After a long drive from Alabama, we pulled into the first property we saw in Ft. Collins. Property very clean and well kept. Breakfast was tasty, especially omelets. If you need a full breakfast, walk next door to IHOP. Did feel it was a bit pricy even with senior discount.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
fclhiexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2015

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you found our property to be clean and was able to take full advantage of our Express Start Breakfast. We hope to see you again at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fort Collins.

Reviewed August 15, 2015

Sometimes you can learn more about support when there is an issue. We had an issue with the AC the first night and the staff went out if their way to make sure we were comfortable. Cari (front desk) was especially helpful.

Room tip: Stayed on third and fourth floors
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
fclhiexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2015

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear you had AC troubles the first night but happy to hear our staff went above and beyond to make sure you had the best stay possible. Cori thanks you for your kind words as well. We hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to the Fort Collins area.

Reviewed August 10, 2015

I wanted to give a shout out to the front desk agent, Michaela, for providing a wonderful guest experience at the Fort Collins, CO Holiday Inn Express. Our stay started with our IHG Rewards Club acknowledgement and included a fun Pancakes at Night promo that is going on in August. The room was clean and comfortable.

Room tip: corner rooms are usually larger
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
fclhiexpress, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2015

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us. We are very happy to hear that Michaela was able to go above and beyond your expectations to make your stay the best it could be. We are also glad you were able to enjoy our Pancakes at Night promotion going from now till the end of August at all of Holiday Inn Express Hotels from 8pm to 12pm. We hope you will continue stay with us whenever your travels bring you into the Fort Collins area.