Holiday Inn Express Fort Collins
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Comfort Suites(Fort Collins)
View Hotel
Courtyard Fort Collins(Fort Collins)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Fort Collins(Fort Collins)
View Hotel
Marriott Hotel Fort Collins(Fort Collins)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskroom was cleanvery nice staybreakfast barin towngreat roomhot breakfastlate at nightfitness centerthe staff was greatcsu campusparking lothieihopcollinsft
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our daughter was graduating from CSU, and we, like so many families that weekend, needed a place to stay. However, because none of our family lived in Ft. Collins, I was also looking for a small room to rent to hold a graduation party. I made reservations online, and noticed that you can also ask for someone to contact you about renting their conference room. So I also clicked to be contacted. We got an immediate response and a confirmation number for our rooms, but not for the availability of the conference room. After 5 days, I was getting quite anxious about the fact that I hadn't heard from anyone. So, I called the hotel directly and told them my situation. The hotel clerk appologized profusely, and went right to work to help me get things settled. She told me that their conference room was already booked for the Saturday night after graduation. Hearing my great disappointment, she stated that they have a Presidential Suite that would be big enough for a party with 20-25 people. It was available for that night, and I got it at a discounted rate. We were going to have to rent a room for that night anyway, so we just stayed in that room. It worked out beautifully!!! The day clerk named Rachel was on top of everything!! From personally calling my cell phone to tell us the room was ready and organizing everything we needed, to making sure that we were comfortable before she went off her shift. Then the evening clerk named Lauren( who I found out later had only worked there for a week) was just as accommodating. Making sure our guests were comfortable and having a good time, and even offering to take the 2 huge sacks of garbage out so that we wouldn't have to. The night clerk came and took the garbage and said that Lauren was leaving her shift and asked if he could do anything for us.The room was perfect for our graduation party. It had a counter for all the food, a nice bathroom that all our guests could use, a nice fridge to keep all the drinks in, and the staff even offered to bring in another fridge if we needed it. It was on the first floor, and right by the pool, so it was easy for our out of town guests to find. You would have thought that the staff was at our beck and call the entire evening! They supplied extra chairs to accommodate our guests, supplied a huge garbage can to hold all the pizza boxes and early Christmas presents wrapping paper. After all our guests left, we were able to stay in the wonderful room that had a nice big jacuzzi tub, living space with 2 flat screen TV's and super comfy king size bed!!!! The breakfast is a great continental breakfast with plenty of seating area. And a roaring warm fireplace to eat breakfast by. As you can tell, our experience was nothing short of fabulous!!! My warm and sincere thanks to the wonderful staff for making my daughter's graduation party a beautiful success!!! We will stay here again just because of this experience!!!!

Room Tip: The hotel has regular rooms on the first floor, and right by the pool. If you have small children, ask for one of those rooms. It will save lots of walking in wet swimming suits, and easy access to your room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2012

The only good things about this place are the cinnamon rolls and Jerman, the night guy.

Stayed with some friends for CSU homecoming weekend. Our whole stay was generally frustrating, nothing seemed to go right for example, the heat never worked at night, the pool was cold and the chemicals seriously irritated my eyes, there wasn’t a good selection of healthy choices at breakfast - never any bananas, and though no fault of the hotel there were several unsupervised children playing tag in the hallways.

The hotel is clean and the fireplace in the lobby is a nice touch, but I'll probably choose a different place to stay on my next trip to Northern Colorado.

Room Tip: Sometimes there is a lot of road noise, try to stay on the other side of the building from the street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stanley N
fclhiexpress, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Collins, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience during your most recent trip to our hotel. We love to hear great things about our staff. I would like to apologize for the issues you had during your stay and we hope you will come back so we can show you we have taken your concerns seriously.

Best Regards.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Almost stayed at another hotel, but changed to Holiday Inn Express. I did some research, and found that this hotel is the the best for quality/value/price. They have a friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms, and a nice breakfast. Great choice for an overnight stay. I will stay there again when I am in Fort Collins.

Room Tip: Stay on the office park side, upper level facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2012

First the positives... the staff were friendly and helpful, the cinnamon rolls were moist and tasty and the beds were comfortable.
However... the hotel is right next to a major four-lane road, and you can hear trucks passing by at all hours. The floors are paper thin (hence the cardboard title) and any movement above reverberates. We had difficulty sleeping each of our two nights there.
There are many other hotels in Fort Collins that are cheaper and quieter. Next time we will stay at one of those.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great room, very clean, staff was friendly and breakfast was good. They had special parking spaces at the front door for priority club platinum members (which was great). There are many restaurants around the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business