“Great experience even for people with some physical limitations!”

Mountain Whitewater Descents
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Fort Collins
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Whitewater rafting on Colorado's only Wild & Scenic river. We are here to give your group an amazing experience from start to finish. Enjoy a beer in the Paddler's Pub while watching videos from your trip. Play some volleyball while listening to the free live music after the trip.
Portland, Oregon
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great experience even for people with some physical limitations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was concerned about my ability to participate since I had a total knee replacement two months prior to the rafting trip. I talked with the guides, described my limitations and was assured I could go (I had already cleared the activity with my dr and physical therapist). I had a fantastic time! Our guide made sure I was within reach and made sure I had fun. I'm so glad I went!

1 Thank Dede H

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We couldn't have asked for a better white water rafting experience. When we went, the water was quite low making it a nice and easy first-time trip. It was a beautiful day, we saw some big-horned sheep and the guides were a lot of fun!

Topeka, Kansas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very fun and something different to do”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was our first white water rafting experience. They had very clear rules and instructions prior to getting in the water. The guides were all amazing, especially our guide Casey. I had my 7 year old son with us and he made sure he had a good time and was safe the entire ride. We will definitely come back and raft again with this company.

The only issue we had was figuring out the location. We were staying in Estes Park and visited the website visitestespark.com. When we searched for rafting it said the address was 2050 Big Thompson Ave, Estes Park, CO 80517 (seen here on this link, scroll down http://www.visitestespark.com/things-to-do/outdoor-adventures/whitewater-rafting/ ). It was not made abundantly clear that the rafting was actually in Ft Collins. We got back on the website the next morning to see if we needed to arrive early and stumbled across the correct location. Luckily we found it early enough so that we could leave in time to make it from Estes to Fort Collins. I feel like the location should be made clearer, especially for people not familiar with the area.

1 Thank Jessica E
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Fun & Easy Going In August”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This was my first time to whitewater raft. If you are a newbie, I would definitely recommend going during the "dryer" season when the water is lower. It was very fun and easy-going. The guides were very fun, helpful, and knew what they were doing. It was great!

Aurora, Colorado, United States
“Awesome experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

Kevin & staff of Mountain Whitewater Descents made our first white water rafting trip a fantastic experience. Our 2 hour ride was adrenalin pumping, adventurous and awesome. We would go back to MWD anytime!!