“Another lovely dinner”

Ranked #32 of 668 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American, Asian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fish is located at 150 West Oak Street, on the NE corner of Oak & Mason. We are a 44 person eatery with a bar the seats seven additional diners, and we are a fresh fish market and restaurant.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Another lovely dinner at Fish last night. It was my husband's pick for his birthday dinner. We live in FC and eat out several times weekly. Fish is one of our favorites so we are there several times each month. We like that the food, service and drinks are always good and the atmosphere is warm and friendly. We also like to frequent locally owned establishments.

Last night was typical... enthusiastic greeting from Kat (one of the owners) at the door and personal seating according to our preference (my husband and I share a lot of food and still really like each other so we want to sit next to each other or around a corner, not across - Kat knows this and always accommodates us happily). Meat sauce was our server (they are all excellent) and he has gotten my Mae West martini down pat now. We started with the goat cheese/wasabi wonton salad. It was delightful as usual and cleared out our sinuses really well (wasabi dressing too!). Then in spite of yummy specials offered, we reverted to our favorite menu selection, the parmesan grouper. Like my husband said, 'It is hard to beat'. And of course he was right. The grouper was perfectly cooked with that wonderful parmesan sauce that we love. Of course, the mashed potatoes and asparagus were yummy as well. We didn't have our usual slice of key lime pie (to die for!) since we had birthday cake at home but it was hard to pass it up.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We spent the night in Fort Collins working our way back home in July. We were interested in finding a place that served fish as a change from the beef we have been eating in Colorado. Our hotel only came up with the usual chain restaurants which we wanted to avoid if possible.
A search of Trip Advisor brought us to Fish.
My wife ordered grilled skewers with shrimp. There were other choices to customize the skewers your way. I ordered salmon mojo which was a lightly cooked dish. I asked for it to be fully cooked. Our server, Sheila, said they'd be happy to grill it medium well for me. It was perfect as was the shrimp.
Sort of hard to get too, on west Oak St. a block off College Ave. There is a small park (which closes West Oak for one block), Oak Street Plaza, which your children would enjoy on a summer day with splash fountains. Many children were enjoying the water while parents and other adults were reading at tables and benches. Very relaxing area.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

After my wife made her post, both owners (husband and wife) of the restaurant reached out to us. I can’t speak highly enough of their follow up and commitment to provide a good experience. The food was excellent. I am extremely impressed with their desire for us to have a wonderful experience and for going above and beyond anything I expected as a result of my wife’s post. They turned an unfortunate miscommunication into in one of the best examples of providing good customer service and follow up that I have seen from a restaurant. Thank you both very much and I look forward to coming next time we are in Fort Collins.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

After eating at Fish, we realized we'd paid the tip twice--once what we left (20$) and once what was added to the bill without our knowledge (14$). So, our waitress received an over 50% tip. When we contacted the restaurant later that night, the person who answered the phone said the bill's credit card payment could not be voided and re-run to fix the error, and we had to talk to the owner. Then when my husband was asking another question, (he was trying to get a name & time to call back) the employee hung up on him. My husband was furious. Tip/no tip aside, it was extremely rude to hang up, especially since my husband was being calm in his questioning. The food was good, but definitely not worth the poor treatment and unprofessional behavior.

1  Thank RevGetch
Reviewed June 26, 2013

It was a great experience. We had 12 women for dinner and the service was great. The food was good, the specials were incredible, and the wine list decent. It worked well for a group our size, however there weren't a ton of other tables for regular guests. Maybe 8-10 or so. Worth the price.