“stick to the halibut”

Fish
Ranked #31 of 592 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fish is located at 150 West Oak Street, on the NE corner of Oak & Mason. We are a 44 person eatery with a bar the seats seven additional diners, and we are a fresh fish market and restaurant.
FORT COLLINS
“stick to the halibut”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

I like to try specials, but I seem to strike out more often than not. their encrusted halibut is a winner and I will stick to that choice.

Visited December 2011

Loveland, Colorado
“Great Could be Awesome”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

My husband & I have been talking about going here , forever!

Finally, for my Birthday- we went, it has a charming, homey no frills location & decoration- which suits me just fine!
We were seated at a small 2 top across from the kitchen, the bars area was bustling but the tables were nearly clear. We were greeted by a Co-owner who seated us- she was friendly & delightful. We were seated at a table against the wall & could see directly into the kitchen, which mean nothing but that my chair was seated on a "ledge" between two types of flooring so it was very unstable and there was no correcting it. It was uncomfortable- but do-able. Our waitress was also very friendly, but she was overly involved with the table 2 away from us- they spoke wine & she brought them glass after glass of free tasters ..which was great for them but kind of sucked for us...we spent alot of the evening trying to catch her gaze.
It was almost as though she was sizing up tables to see who might spend the most $$- and I saw their tip....it was us. My husband got the Mixed Fried, I go the Sesame Ahi. The Ahi was Gray -not seared & but my husband was thrilled with his fried delights! Everything was just okay- I was more put off by our waitress who seemed to see nothing but dollar signs from her well dressed upper crust table of two- it was nice to see the look on her face when she saw the amount of their tip to her. LOL. Which by the way cost her more than just that one table! Her service was very poor at every other table because of her lack of focus on the big picture, BUT..I would go back- but I would sit at the bar- that looked like TOO MUCH FUN, personal interaction & everyone was happy. Can't say the same for the tables.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank justddz
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Fresh Fabulous Fish far from the Ocean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

Small non chain restaurant that prepares seafood as well as any Five Star. The service is exceptional. Don't miss Fish!

Visited October 2011
Fort Collins
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh Fish without Fancy Frills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2012

We've been regulars for some time now, and highly recommend it to others.

PROS: Amazing fish and chowder, fresh greens, gluten free items, low-key setting, and "Meat Sauce", the self-named quirky-but-helpful waiter. Great place for a quiet evening date. A candle came with my birthday dessert last week; a thoughtful touch.

CONS: Seating can be a bit of a trick when busy. It's a small place. Call ahead!

• Visited January 2012
colorado
“best in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

innovative w a large and varied selection. tough to get good seafood here but they do a very good job