“this bud tour is 4 U”

Budweiser Brewery Experience
More attraction details
Owner description: Various operations of the brewing process are on display at this modern Anheuser-Busch brewing facility from fermentation to packaging and distribution. Guests must be 21 years of age or older for the beer tasting experience at the end of the tour.
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Unlike the Coors tour you don't have to wait in line. Upon arriving you sign up for your free tour, while you wait you hang out in their beautiful patio and start on your 3 free beers. Each beer is 10oz and one must be bud, the other two is your choice. The shock top was my choice. Another difference between Coors -vs- bud tour is at bud you also get free snacks! We got lucky it was the first Saturday of the month which meant a live band was playing! It was a great totally "Free" afternoon.

1  Thank melishae

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We drove up from Denver and got there in time for the 2p tour. Upon entering, we were greeted and told where to go and get a free taste of bud and pretzels while we wait.

Caitlen and Monica were our tour guides and were great. Almost all the questions asked of them were answered. Only one that wasn't was when asked about the real estate-side business of A-B.

The tour ran for at least an hour and time went by pretty quickly. We went to the stables but the Clydesdales were currently on the road. They only spend a few months of the year at this home. We were also told that these Clydesdales are the Hollywood team, making the TV commercials you see during the Super Bowl.

We watched a few videos and the can line was down so we watched a video on how much is canned, bottled and kegged. Amazing numbers but don't recall as I wasn't taking notes.

The tour ended with free samples of beer. You're allowed two 11oz glasses of your choice and they were offering a 3oz raspberry flavored drink. You can just go up and ask for a small taste of a certain kind and drink, give it back or ask for a full fill up. Did this a few times and was great.

The kids can join, they have free Pepsi for them and pretzels.

We spent two hours there and never spent a dime. They have a nice shop there and all items are reasonably priced.

This was a great day, spent it with the whole family and learned a lot. Now I want to work there, but it's in Ft Collins and I'm a Denver native.

Highly recommend

1  Thank Mondo5280
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We didn't have time for the tour inside the brewery. We toured the Clydesdale barns and outdoor areas. Bring your camera... The mountain views, Clydesdale horses, immaculately kept grounds, barn and antique brewery wagons are good photos. We were still offered free beer and soda pop after our self guided tour of the horse areas.

1  Thank MontanaRealtor4U
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had never toured a brewery before. It was me, my sister and our two teenage daughters. We got the first tour of the day at 10am and were with a small group (total of eight). The tour guide was knowledgable, and kept the info at an understandable level. We didn't get to see the famous Clydes but took pictures in their barn (nicer than my house!) Of course, the free samples at the end are a treat. The bartenders were very open to letting us try new beers we hadn't had before and we left with a heaping bunch of purchases from the gift shop.

3  Thank Deborah P
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was second on my list after New Belgium Brewery for tours while we were in Denver. This one is led by a tour guide who didn't have all the answers but seemed to know the basics of the brewery. You start our by going to the stables for the Clydesdales but they weren't there for our visit. Our guide said they are there less than 30 days of the year now so if that is the main reason you are going I would call ahead and see if they are there. After the stables you head over to the main brewery. They take you through the different steps of brewing and explain how they make the different types of brews they make. They also show you the tanks that hold the beechwood for the aging process which we estimated there was about $12 million in beer in that room. You then head past the canning and bottling area which was down while we were there. After going through the plant you then head back to the bar for some free samples. We had a small group so we got to sample quite a few of their products. The tour guide and bartenders were all friendly and they had unlimited pretzels for you to eat while you were there. We took the free tour this time but if I ever got back there I would definitely check out the brewmaster tour which is $25 but is a more hands on tour.

A nice thing about their gift shop was that most of the stuff they had was reasonably priced not twice the price like a lot of gift shops are. If you're in the are check out the tour and if you have the time and are a beer fan I would look into the brewmaster tour.

2  Thank jwalters310