“They have a mission statement”

Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 631 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I don't think I have ever eaten at a restaurant that publishes its mission statement on the menu. It is something close to: We provide sanctuary from everyday life and also darn good margaritas and Mexican food. I like that. I really felt that they were enjoying providing sanctuary more than anything else they do. The service was good. The food was excellent. The margaritas we wonderful. Their Rio margarita is the best $7 margarita I have had. I ate the spinach enchiladas and really enjoyed them. The portions were not overwhelming. The guacamole on the side was generous and it honestly tasted freshly made. My wife had chicken enchiladas and loved them. Our friend had the braised pork open face tacos. I thought they looked the best at the table. Service was memorably pleasant and attentive.

Jamie Z, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Hi Mike,
Thank you so much for the kind words. This is the most rewarding review I have read. Our staff does sincerely enjoy "providing sanctuary". I attribute the 27 year success of the restaurant to the ability to connect with our customers, while serving great food and margaritas. We try to keep the mission statement and core values simple and make them the focus of every shift we work. I will pass on your encouraging words to our staff. They will really appreciate the recognition of their efforts.

Jamie Zann

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We loved the fact that the margaritas were fresh and come in two sizes, mini and regular. The mango-strawberry is amazing.

Jamie Z, Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

hawk4sea,

Thanks for the great review! So glad to hear that you love our Margaritas. It certainly has been a lot of fun building the legend that surrounds them with the help of our fans and critics over the years. Hope you get a chance to check out some offerings from our scratch kitchen on your next visit. We're proud and excited to show off our take on classic Tex Mex! Thanks again for taking the time to give us your feed back.

-Matt

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The best margaritas ever - you can only have 3! But the food.....ehhh....moving her from Southern California, I am spoiled by great Mexican food. Come for the drinks but eat elsewhere.

1  Thank dhillig
Jamie Z, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

dhillig,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you are a big fan of our margaritas! We hope you will give us a chance to win you over with regards to our food by exploring our menu a bit. We've made some significant changes in the recent past to keep our scratch kitchen fun and fresh. Some killer guacamole, fresh tortillas made daily by hand, and our famous fajitas could be good places to start. Thanks again for your review.

Cheers.

Matt

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here in June 2013. We had never been here before but found it due to the recommendation of a lady at the university bookstore. We loved both the food and the attentive, personal service.

The food was fresh-tasting and flavorful. The salsa for the chips was tasty and just hot enough to please both my husband (who likes some spicy heat) and me. Our meals arrived promptly, but not surprisingly so. We had just the right amount of time to relax and enjoy the chips and salsa. My enchiladas were good and it was enough food to fill me just right. I had a choice of various sauces, as well. My husband had a burrito, and he also had a choice of sauce.

Our waiter was prompt with all parts of the service, and then he even chatted with us about our Colorado visit, discussing both Boulder and Fort Collins with us, recommending places to go, sights to see, and things to do in the Fort Collins area. We never felt hurried or rushed or ignored, yet he never hovered too closely, either.

We would definitely go back! Had a great experience and recommend it.

Jamie Z, Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

So glad to hear that you had a great experience with us at The Rio! We appreciate your feedback on our food as we have really hard in the recent past to keep our scratch kitchen fresh and fun. Hope to have you back soon!

Matt

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This place was fun tor the whole family. The children loved the art work. The menu could have been more diverse, but the food we was five-star. The salsa has got to be the best I've had. Rio is known for their margaritas and I enjoyed them, but I'd give them four-stars. - Sorry Rio. Waitress, JKD, was also tops and filled with life. This is a place where I'd go back.

Jamie Z, Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

thanks so much for your review, glad to hear the entire family had fun!