“Awesome Margaritas”

Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 654 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The best margaritas ever - you can only have 3! But the food.....ehhh....moving her from Southern California, I am spoiled by great Mexican food. Come for the drinks but eat elsewhere.

1  Thank dhillig
Jamie Z, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

dhillig,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am thrilled to hear that you are a big fan of our margaritas! We hope you will give us a chance to win you over with regards to our food by exploring our menu a bit. We've made some significant changes in the recent past to keep our scratch kitchen fun and fresh. Some killer guacamole, fresh tortillas made daily by hand, and our famous fajitas could be good places to start. Thanks again for your review.

Cheers.

Matt

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here in June 2013. We had never been here before but found it due to the recommendation of a lady at the university bookstore. We loved both the food and the attentive, personal service.

The food was fresh-tasting and flavorful. The salsa for the chips was tasty and just hot enough to please both my husband (who likes some spicy heat) and me. Our meals arrived promptly, but not surprisingly so. We had just the right amount of time to relax and enjoy the chips and salsa. My enchiladas were good and it was enough food to fill me just right. I had a choice of various sauces, as well. My husband had a burrito, and he also had a choice of sauce.

Our waiter was prompt with all parts of the service, and then he even chatted with us about our Colorado visit, discussing both Boulder and Fort Collins with us, recommending places to go, sights to see, and things to do in the Fort Collins area. We never felt hurried or rushed or ignored, yet he never hovered too closely, either.

We would definitely go back! Had a great experience and recommend it.

Jamie Z, Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

So glad to hear that you had a great experience with us at The Rio! We appreciate your feedback on our food as we have really hard in the recent past to keep our scratch kitchen fresh and fun. Hope to have you back soon!

Matt

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This place was fun tor the whole family. The children loved the art work. The menu could have been more diverse, but the food we was five-star. The salsa has got to be the best I've had. Rio is known for their margaritas and I enjoyed them, but I'd give them four-stars. - Sorry Rio. Waitress, JKD, was also tops and filled with life. This is a place where I'd go back.

Jamie Z, Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

thanks so much for your review, glad to hear the entire family had fun!

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This is quite a busy place. We enjoyed fajitas. Skinny margarita was quite strong but tasty. Wait time was long for food. We were seated in a room off to the side a little less loud but still very loud. Main bar and restaurant is very noisy. If you don't mind noise and like to be where everyone else is enjoy! As for me and my family we will not be back. Outside may have been better...I gave 4 stars for the food.

Jamie Z, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear your experience was not ideal. The restaurant can get pretty loud, particularly on a Friday or Saturday night. I hope you will try us again on a quieter weeknight or, as you mentioned, try for a spot on the patio. The fountain and flowers outside make for a more tranquil ambiance.
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the food. I hope you will be back for more.
Jamie Zann

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Sat outside at two tables with 8 women! Great time, fantastic food. Had a margarita to die for, and then street tacos that were great. (Shrimp & Carne Asada!) Fantastic Mexican!! The margaritas are legendary!!!

Hi Laura,
I am so glad to hear you had a fun ladies night on the Rio Patio. The patio is our bit of Sanctuary in the summer.
Hope to see you again soon.

Jamie Zann