“I love the margaritas”

Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 615 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Colorado
“I love the margaritas”
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

The margaritas here are my favorite anywhere hands down. The location downtown is perfect and the atmosphere is great. The food was okay, needs more work to keep up with the margs

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Rio food mediocre”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Margaritas of course are great, but the food has gone downhill over the last few years. Often the food is overcooked and the menu has changed with much smaller portions.

Visited October 2012
Loveland, Colorado
“Food and margaritas were not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went out with a group of 8. The margaritas are now served in a smaller margarita glass than in years past same price and not as good as they used to be. The server was overly concerned with rushing us out the door. The food was average. When I have been to this restaurant in the past, my experience was better food,drinks and service.

• Visited December 2012
RioGrandeMexican, General Manager at Rio Grande Mexican Restaurant, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Hi Susan,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. We are sorry to hear that your experience at the Fort Collins Rio was less than satisfactory. The poor service you received is intolerable. The Rio strives to provide each and every customer a welcoming and positive experience. If you could contact me at jamie@riograndemexican.com to inform me of the individual who served on you, I'll be sure to look into this. It's upsetting to hear you were not pleased with the margaritas and food. But I promise you that in the 20 years I have been a general manager the original Rio margarita recipe nor the size of our glasses have changed. We did introduce a couple new margaritas on the menu, perhaps you tried one of those? Our kitchen staff works hard to provide wholesome meals prepared daily from scratch with the freshest of ingredients. The fact that your food was just average is not acceptable. We would love to invite you back in an effort to provide you with a experience that is much truer to the Rio standard.

Jamie
Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ladies night out”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Food was fair to bad. Noise level was terribly high!
Floors were filthy and slippery. Special attention was given to those ordering alcohol.

Visited December 2012
Fort Collins, CO
“I go begrudingly”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

The food at the Rio is nothing to write home about, and I only go for work functions, which is even worse because they do have good margaritas. You can get something decent with fish tacos or spinach enchiladas. I know that lots of people rave about it, but I don't get it.

Visited August 2012