“Disappointed”

Dining options: Reservations
Loveland, Colorado
“Disappointed”
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This last time we dined here was mid-day, after-graduation-lunch and we enjoyed it. Good food, great atmosphere, fun show. Our visit on August 26, 2010 at the very beginning of dinner time (4:00pm) was not the same. The first turnoff was the dried spill on the hostess desk, the second was the blaring pop music that was an absolute annoyance and didn't suit the atmosphere. Also, the flies were a major annoyance. The hostess was working with the cleaning cloth and it was apparent the restaurant was not ready for the dinner crowd. I actually had to ask that the music be turned down and she asked what kind of music do I like. While I said jazz, they opted for something else. She explained they were still getting ready. We were the first to arrive so some the restaurant's faults probably were more visible to us, especially the Christmas wreath still on the wall. It didn't feel clean and it was dark in there. I didn't like it that straws came in the drinks - I'd rather put my own in from the wrapper and I didn't drink the water. I could see in the light an oily residue on the top. Also, around the edges of the grill there dark, grease build up. The waiter was good, the chef was good and skilled at the grill, the food was ok.

Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun, and super food!”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Who doesn't love dinner and a show? Great traditional Hibachi grill with talented chefs with personality! Have never been disappointed with the food or the grill masters. Drink service not always prompt, but the chef keeps you entertained, so you don't mind as much.

Fort Collins, CO
“If you want dinner and a "show" I guess this is the place for you.”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

This place is a bad copy of the famous "Beni Hana" restaurants. They cook the food in front of you and put on a show while they're at it. Honestly, I was unimpressed. I had food thrown at me, even then I asked them not to (which ended up on the floor and who knows when or IF they clean that up). I had the shrimp teppanyaki dinner and found the food to be rather bland and the entertainment sub par.
On top of all that- the place is really expensive. Don't waste your time, it's really not worth it when there are better places in town.

Murdo, South Dakota
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 20, 2009

This may not be Japanese food... and I don't care.

Here's why:
1 The food was genuinely tasty.
2 The whole 'show' they put on is quite entertaining
3 The Fillet I ordered was probably one of the best steaks I have ever eaten.
4 The seating arrangements are such that you can strike up casual conversation with a stranger and have a blast.

They had a lot of Sushi on the menu, I cannot speak for any of it.

Overall, I don't know if this is even Japanese. But the atmosphere is trying to make it such. In my mind it really doesn't matter because of the added value or entertainment and genuinely good food.

1 Thank SoDakKid
Windsor, United Kingdom
“worst "japanese" ever”
Reviewed June 22, 2008

From the moment you walk in to see the guys gambling in the corner, to the point that the "chinese" guy comes out and tells you that the japanese dishes are all really just chinese anyway, you get the feeling that you're part of some elaborate scheme to launder money. For the benefit of the restaurant, I gave it a shot, and allowed him to create something for me, to his own liking. He made me a spicy version of a "Dragon" roll, which was soggy and nothing like a true japanese sushi roll in any manner. It was overly expensive, and when I asked if he did a standard bento styled tonkatsu, his only response is that a tonkatsu was chinese and that he could make me chicken terriyaki because that was better.

Conclusion...don't waste your time.