“Great fun, and super food!”

Hibachi Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #229 of 615 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun, and super food!”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Who doesn't love dinner and a show? Great traditional Hibachi grill with talented chefs with personality! Have never been disappointed with the food or the grill masters. Drink service not always prompt, but the chef keeps you entertained, so you don't mind as much.

Fort Collins, CO
“If you want dinner and a "show" I guess this is the place for you.”
Reviewed May 22, 2009

This place is a bad copy of the famous "Beni Hana" restaurants. They cook the food in front of you and put on a show while they're at it. Honestly, I was unimpressed. I had food thrown at me, even then I asked them not to (which ended up on the floor and who knows when or IF they clean that up). I had the shrimp teppanyaki dinner and found the food to be rather bland and the entertainment sub par.
On top of all that- the place is really expensive. Don't waste your time, it's really not worth it when there are better places in town.

Murdo, South Dakota
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 20, 2009

This may not be Japanese food... and I don't care.

Here's why:
1 The food was genuinely tasty.
2 The whole 'show' they put on is quite entertaining
3 The Fillet I ordered was probably one of the best steaks I have ever eaten.
4 The seating arrangements are such that you can strike up casual conversation with a stranger and have a blast.

They had a lot of Sushi on the menu, I cannot speak for any of it.

Overall, I don't know if this is even Japanese. But the atmosphere is trying to make it such. In my mind it really doesn't matter because of the added value or entertainment and genuinely good food.

1 Thank SoDakKid
Windsor, United Kingdom
“worst "japanese" ever”
Reviewed June 22, 2008

From the moment you walk in to see the guys gambling in the corner, to the point that the "chinese" guy comes out and tells you that the japanese dishes are all really just chinese anyway, you get the feeling that you're part of some elaborate scheme to launder money. For the benefit of the restaurant, I gave it a shot, and allowed him to create something for me, to his own liking. He made me a spicy version of a "Dragon" roll, which was soggy and nothing like a true japanese sushi roll in any manner. It was overly expensive, and when I asked if he did a standard bento styled tonkatsu, his only response is that a tonkatsu was chinese and that he could make me chicken terriyaki because that was better.

Conclusion...don't waste your time.