“Awesome!”

Cuisines: Japanese, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 20, 2009

This may not be Japanese food... and I don't care.

Here's why:
1 The food was genuinely tasty.
2 The whole 'show' they put on is quite entertaining
3 The Fillet I ordered was probably one of the best steaks I have ever eaten.
4 The seating arrangements are such that you can strike up casual conversation with a stranger and have a blast.

They had a lot of Sushi on the menu, I cannot speak for any of it.

Overall, I don't know if this is even Japanese. But the atmosphere is trying to make it such. In my mind it really doesn't matter because of the added value or entertainment and genuinely good food.

1  Thank SoDakKid

Reviewed June 22, 2008

From the moment you walk in to see the guys gambling in the corner, to the point that the "chinese" guy comes out and tells you that the japanese dishes are all really just chinese anyway, you get the feeling that you're part of some elaborate scheme to launder money. For the benefit of the restaurant, I gave it a shot, and allowed him to create something for me, to his own liking. He made me a spicy version of a "Dragon" roll, which was soggy and nothing like a true japanese sushi roll in any manner. It was overly expensive, and when I asked if he did a standard bento styled tonkatsu, his only response is that a tonkatsu was chinese and that he could make me chicken terriyaki because that was better.

Conclusion...don't waste your time.