“Incredibly good”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Incredibly good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

The food here was pretty fantastic...and the menu was extensive, so I am excited about visiting again in the future to try different dishes. As others have mentioned, this restaurant is heads and shoulders above the last Greek restaurant that used the same building. The food was wonderful, the atmosphere was nice and casual, and everything was fast. The portions were also fairly huge, but we could not resist taking home a slice of the baklava cheesecake for dessert and...oh my....honestly, even thinking about it induces serious (serious!) drooling. Definitely recommend if you like Greek food OR if you just want to see what a Greek menu has to offer (best place in town for Greek, hands down).

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Good Greek!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

The Tzatziki started the evening off with a bang. Wow! Wonderful, and I was afraid the waitress would remove the bowl after the appetizer. But I wanted to get some of the leftover that didn't make it to the delicious (and warm) pita bread onto my entree when it came.

And we enjoyed the rest of the evening too, in this warm, friendly, and relaxing Greek restaurant. Not at all like the previous restaurant at this location. This is a complete re-do, with new owners and a new menu. The new guys are a father-son team, I'm told, and they were on the floor, schmoozing with their guests, and pouring there beloved Greek hearts into the experience.

Our entrees included the Lamb Souvlaki and the Stuffed Peppers. The lamb could have been a little more tender, but it was delicious. The peppers had a yummy filling with a subtle taste of mint and maybe some other spices that made it very enjoyable. The lemon potatoes were excellent, and the vegetable medley included fresh zucchini and asparagus. We weren't as impressed with the Peach Ginger Crisp for dessert, maybe because we were so stuffed ourselves after such a wonderful meal.

Service was decent, and young, typical for college-town Fort Collins. Prices were reasonable ($14-15) and portions generous without being overwhelming. We could (and should) have easily taken leftovers home, but it was too good to stop! We'll be back. I'd like to try one of the mouth-watering burgers I saw headed for other tables, and I know there is some baklava there with my name on it - maybe even the baklava cheesecake.

• Visited May 2014
Fort Collins
“Great Greek Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

What a wonderful treat - so glad we tried this new restaurant. The food was delicious, and we had dishes that we had never even heard of - nor tried! (not just your typical gyro sandwich type Greek restaurant). After asking our waitress lots of questions about the many items on the menu, the owner came over to our table and suggested the "variety platter". This had 8 to 10 different items, all of which were outstanding. Along with a wonderful appetizer this platter fed 4 of us, so the dinner was very economical! Only problem we had, was that we did not leave any room for the baklava - maybe next time. We appreciate restaurants that are locally owned, and to have one of the owners actually there to make sure everything is running smoothly, made the evening even better. Great place to take friends visiting Fort Collins!

1 Thank bufordco
Thuwal, Ha'il, Saudi Arabia
“Great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Great food, service and price! The combination platters are particularly good. Much better good than Applebee's or chilis at the same price.

• Visited March 2014
Fort Collins Co
“Good Greek food w/o kitschy opals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

New family (Greek) owned restaurant located at site of a failed Greek chain restaurant. Former joint (Taverna Grill) was bad, new place is very good. Service was excellent with knowledgable staff. Ambience pleasant - a bit loud but can converse w/o problem - and fortunately the new owners have nixed the phony opals and breaking dishes stuff. Menu fairly traditional and expected range of Greek dishes. My wife had a moussaka that was OK but not out of the usual one expects. I order a lamb shank that was braised and sauced in an excellent tomato sauce and served with perfectly cooked orzo and truly outstanding mix of fresh roasted/sautéed veggies. My wife ordered the baklava that knocked her socks off: outstanding baklava with the right layering of buttery phyllo, walnuts, and honey that was not perverted with rose water. It was plated beautifully with accompanying vanilla ice cream, drizzled with honey and chocolate, and topped with whipped cream. I just drooled since I can no longer do sweets! A nice meal, quality food, good service, reasonable prices.

1 Thank CSU_prof