“Overall Amazing Talent, Great Waitstaff and Delicious Food”

Midtown Arts Center
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Owning and operating a dinner theater is no easy task. I commend the owners for keeping the Carousel Dinner Theater alive as they continue to transform the new Midtown Arts Center into a vibrant, exceptional theater experience.

My mom has had season tickets for years. They always seem to know exactly how to entice her to buy extra tickets so that the whole family ends up going to these fabulous shows. I'm sure we have our favorites and our not-so-favorites but that's because the stories, songs, food and atmosphere are different each visit. What doesn't change is the fact that we can all sit together and have nice conversations, eat delicious food that we don't have to clear away, and enjoy the stories and professional performances of these talented actors and actresses.

I saw their Beatles show recently and it was just a friend and I and we were seated with another nice couple and had a great evening. It's nice to slow the pace down a tad and enjoy a live play.

Again, kudos to the owners and their directors, dancers, servers, cooks, etc. What a production to make everything work well - and they do it with ease. (I also attended the Murder/Mystery theater a few months ago and it was hilarious! Great crowd participation +++ highly recommend)

The dinner theater at Midtown Arts Center is a great evening out and you should go to a show. I bet you will be smiling when you leave. ♥

There are newer reviews for Midtown Arts Center

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We've been season ticket holders for years, and we are always happy with our experience. The shows are incredible, and we've been impressed with the food almost every time. It's so fun to chat with the talented, hardworking actors/waiters. It's ridiculously affordable, around $30 per show, including the meal, if you get the season ticket. Even the shows that we thought might be old-fashioned or boring turned out to be a lot of fun, the directors made them modern and engaging! We're lucky to have such quality theater in our little town. Les Miserables was better at Midtown than the 4 times I've seen it on Broadway (and cheaper, even with the meal!) I heard that they go to New York to audition for some of the cast. Can't wait to see the Beatles show next week, we're taking the kids this time! We took them to see White Christmas and we were surprised (and relieved) that even our 16 year old son loved it.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

Been here a few times with friends. We have seen Hairspray, Sound of Music, Les Miserables & White Christmas. It's really touch and go with the quality of show, food, and staff. I don't think we have had all three above standards at the same time. You never know what to expect from what we have experienced from the performers. Loud, shouty singers, sub par acting, but good dancing. Sound of Music was LONG, food was poor, as well as the slow service. Maybe because he was busy in the show. Les Miserables had some excellent performances, Jean Valjean, which I've seen perform at other places around Colorado was heart felt, but some of the comic characters were trying way to hard for the laughs. I've seen better but I guess it's not fair to compare this community theater to the Denver Center. White Christmas has decent dancing, fun show BUT food was cold and not much flavor. I'm not crazy about next year's shows,or the long sales pitch before the show, so I don't think I'll be back.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

We have always loved dinner theater and a frequent visitors of all in the area. Midtown Arts Center (formerly Carousel Dinner Theater before moving to their new larger digs) just keeps improving every time we go. The shows are bigger, the actors are more and more talented and the food is great. We have seen many shows at this theater and will continue to return. The latest show was Shrek the Musical. My wife and I have seen the show a number of times. First in Seattle in the show's pre-Broadway trial run, then in Denver with the travelling Broadway show. The performance we saw at Midtown was better than both in acting and heart. We loved it so much we came back and saw it again before the run was over. Keep it up guys!!!

1  Thank MarkAGreen
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This theater is somewhat small which makes it intimate. My husband and I have had season tickets for this theater for years. The show are almost always top-rate; every once in a while there is one we don't care for. Some of the actors are also the servers which makes it fun to talk to your server about where they come from, what shows they've been in, etc. The food is very good - the only bad thing I can say about this theater is that they don't change their menu very often,,,touch for season ticket holders.

1  Thank jbob222