“Very good, even if the marinara needs work”
Review of Bacco - CLOSED

Bacco
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Shelids
Description: http://www.baccoftcollins.com/. Newly opened restaurant in Fort Collins. They have two other locations; Denver and Boulder
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Very good, even if the marinara needs work”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife and I came here for dinner on a whim one Monday night in January, 2014. The decor is very nice, and it has a pleasant if noisy atmosphere. I don't mind a noisy Italian restaurant, however...I think it adds to the experience...as long as it's not ridiculous. The service was pretty good...it was a bit slow, but our waitress apologized and explained that they had some people who hadn't showed up to work, so that's understandable. On Mondays they have a half price beer and wine deal, which was pretty nice! It also explained why they were so busy on a Monday night. The food was alright...my wife and I both thought the marinara sauce was pretty darn salty! Quantity was good though, and prices were excellent! There's a fair chance we'll go back and try something without marinara sauce...and probably on a Monday too!

• Visited January 2014

Fort Collins, CO
“Great Options, Service, and Execution”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our date night at Bacco turned into a family event when the sitter canceled, but it turns out that young children and Bacco do mix. They have one of the most interesting happy hour menus in town, with lots of cheap options. Monday nights have half priced drinks, too, so Monday is certainly the day to go.

The bruschetta avocado is pretty much a perfect dish. Mussels were soft and tasty. Lamb was quite excellent. I was especially pleased with how everything came out so hot and ready!

The server was excellent, cordial, very good with the kids.

The sides on the mains were ho-hum, and the pizza was only slightly better than average.

We'll definitely return.

Johnstown, Colorado
“Nice Christmas Eve Meal”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We ate at Bacco on Christmas Eve, which is a real departure for our family. Usually we eat at home, however we were travelling to visit family and needed something special. Wife and I started with very good Sangria’s, followed by two more. We had a dizzyingly huge array of appetizers and specials starters that we shared. They were all excellent. All of the entrees were very good, except that one family member, who doesn’t eat meat didn’t know what pancetta was before she ordered the Canneloni. I think we all felt a little awkward when she pushed her plate away and tried to be nice about it. Next time I will scan the list of menu ingredients a little closer. The rest of the entrees were rated very high. The server, who I would rate as very good, occasionally forgot to bring things to the table that we had requested. A number of very good desserts rounded out the nice meal. We probably won’t return, but that’s not because we didn’t like the experience, it’s just that there are so many more places we would like to try on our return visits to FC.

1 Thank jim6918
“Such a nice surprise!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We were late on making reservations for New Years Eve so decided to visit a relatively new neighborhood restaurant. It happened to be such a gem! The ambiance and service was great. Happy hour tapas and drinks were a super deal. The wine list is extensive. The bread is so delicious as we're the entrees we chose. My husband chose the paella, which he said was every bit as good as what he had in Spain. I had shrimp pasta with an amazing creamy saffron sauce. It was delicious! We added a dessert and our bill was still under $50. We will definitely return!

Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Always Awesome”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

It is the best place for a date night or a nice enjoyable outing with family and friends. We love all the different tapas but the best thing ever is the great combination of flavors NO MATTER what you order. We love the appetizers so much that we haven't even had a full entrée. We order a few different appetizers and enjoy some great wine and GREAT staff. It is our favorite place to go.

• Visited November 2013