“Overpriced and Average Tex-Mex”
Review of Los Tarascos

Los Tarascos
Ranked #136 of 615 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Overpriced and Average Tex-Mex”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

First of al,l the food is expensive for the average Tex-Mex fare served here. There was a very limited selection of pork dishes offered when I was there. I just look at their online menu and it shows you can get carnitas in burritos, tacos, quesadillas and another dish, but that was not the case when I dined there last month. I tried ordering a combination plate with carnitas in it and was told it wasn't available. There was no coin margarita on the menu, so I asked if they were available. The waitress said she could make one, so I ordered that. She made an excellent drink, but then charged me $11 for it. It was very good, but that is a ridiculous price for a drink that is not even a top shelf pour. Our meal was good enough, but not for the prices we were charged. You can get equivalent Tex-Mex cheaper at lots of other places in the area, and you can get fancy Mexican fusion food in Fort Collins for the same prices charged at this place.

• Visited December 2013

Loveland, Colorado
“Try another Mexican Food Restaurant”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We tried this place based on the positive reviews and we left scratching our heads. I asked our waitress for recommendations and tried the second one she suggested-- some type of pork. Our wait for the food was substantial: We left the mostly-empty restaurant over an hour after we entered it and we spent most of the time waiting for our order to be taken, our food, and finally our check. Both dishes we tried were bland an uninteresting. Thankfully they do have a salsa bar that helped add some flavor. It also seemed expensive for the basic food quality. My recommended dish was $14.00 and I couldn't even bring myself to heat up the leftovers. Cafe Rio and Cafe Mexicali seem to be much better Mexican food experiences.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank foodrie
Omaha, NE
“Great Mexican food”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We asked some of the bartenders at Odell Brewery the best place to get a good Mexican meal. Other places mentioned folks said were "fun", "party like", etc. But the food was never mentioned as wonderful. We were told to go here for great food. It was great! All four of us had different items and they were all very good.

• Visited November 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Tastes like home cooked.”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Having been gone from Fort Collins for 10 years, we have missed this restaurant. This was our first time at the new location, and we were impressed with the changes. More choices and very good food. And the margaritas are still the best.

• Visited December 2013
Centennial, Colorado
“Yummy Margaritas and wonderful for Gluten Free”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Visited for the first time after a college visit to CSU. Chose this restaurant based on Gluten Free options as my daughter has Celiac Disease. We were not disappointed. Instead of having a GF menu, they have a one page document that states what is NOT GF on the menu because 80% of their menu is GF. My daughter loved the Taquitos and there are SO many places she can't eat them because they are cooked in cross contaminated oil. Every meal starts with homemade corn tortillas and you dip them in their delicious salsa choices. They have a salsa bar with 8 or so choices and you can take as much as you want. I had 2 of the mango margaritas and I could have had 2 or 3 more if I didn't have to drive. They even have a GF margarita! I would go back again and again.

Also, our server was amazing. A very pretty young lady who grew up in Fort Collins. We'll ask for her again. :-)

• Visited November 2013