“Looking for a great Mexican restaurant? Try Los Tarascos.”
Review of Los Tarascos

Los Tarascos
Ranked #180 of 638 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hugo and Maria Caballero have developed an amazing and authentic Mexican restaurant.The food is fresh and fabulous. The menu has many price points from higher end specialty dishes all the way down to an affordable burrito. Service also great- the wait staff is friendly and attentive.
My favorite dish is the Camarones Al Mojo De Ajo. A shrimp dish that will knock your socks off!!
I have been coming to this restaurant for any years and have never had a bad experience.
There are many choices to dine in FOCO, but if you are looking for Mexican this is the place to go.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I live in Fort Collins (past 38 years) and have visited this restaurant early on since its opening (twice) and multiple times over the past 2 years. When the place first opened the menu was truly Mexican with just a spot of Tex-mex BUT at that time the food was incendiary. After a couple of tries and having sampled different items, it was clear that I had more than met my match in my desire to eat really spicy food. More recently the restaurant expanded into adjacent space and took on a more pleasant decor scheme and perhaps new chefs and menus because the food now is outstanding, nicely prepared with heat but not at the atomic level, plated with care, and served by genuinely pleasant and knowledgeable wait staff. The moles are every bit as good as those we've had in Oaxaca! Although originally one could get a table here without any or much of a wait, now one needs to fight the crowds already at 4:30 or 5. I should also note that the margaritas here are outstanding and fully competitive with margaritas from the Rio Grande (which started here in town) and which I had previously thought that could not be equaled! Highly recommend Los Tarascos!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I love everything about this restaurant - food, drinks, service, and atmosphere!. Starting the meal at the salsa bar is a unique treat, with 10 to 12 choices, ranging from mild to extremely spicy, from guacamole to flavored salsas. Warm tortillas are brought to your table twice, once for dipping in the salsas, and again with the meal. Any extras cost $1 serving. The menu is very large, including an entire page of seafood selections. My favorite, however, is the Chicken Pollo with Poblano Sauce, the perfect blending of Pablano Sauce over roasted chicken. Absolutely delicious! Margaritas are offered in several flavors, both frozen and on ice. The atmosphere is so inviting, colorful, and intimate, and staff is attentive to your every need. Love this restaurant!

1  Thank brutus6623
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My new favorite Mexican restaurant in FC. I've been to nearly every one in town and this place beats most of them hands down. More authentic, spicier, better-tasting food. Finally, another place in town with strong margs but better food. I came here 15 years ago when they first opened and thought their food was OK and the margs weak. Obviously, I shouldn't have waited so long to try them again.

Chicken mole is a difficult dish for most Mexican restaurants in Ft. Collins, so I use it as my barometer. It was the best I've had in this area by far. Their salsas are really flavorful. We ordered a lot of food to see what they could do. No fails, not one. Everything was top-notch.

Service was attentive and friendly. Prices were very reasonable. The booths are comfortable, the place is clean.

I rate Mexican restaurants based on my experiences in six different areas of Mexico and my use of well-known (Diane Kennedy) Mexican cookbooks at home. I am seeking authenticity to a particular region. Senor Camaron had it, Inca has it with some of their food. Give this place a try!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I love their open sasla bar. I had the beef fajitas with the habanero sauce from the bar, and it was fantastic. They atmosphere is great. I love this place.