“Roasted” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
“Roasted”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I just moved to Ft. Collins and wanted to go to a good bbq restaurant for my birthday. The ambiance does not make any difference to me...the food just needs to be good. I ordered ribs with sides of cowboy beans and potato salad...my wife had ribs with sides of cowboy beans and coleslaw. The food was not good...the sides had no real flavor and the ribs were very fatty and the bones appeared to be cut wrong....I felt sick afterwards and my wife couldn't finish her meal...I plan to keep looking for a good bbq place....

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank dkdono

Atlanta, Georgia
“we're bbq snobs, so beware... but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

my husband and i had a road trip from South Carolina, through Georgia, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming and Texas -- our pigs and pigskin tour (BBQ and football stadiums). That said...we had some FINE bbq on this trip, and we had lowered our expectations for Colorado. I personally found the place to be exactly what we wanted -- out of the way, funky, NOT a chain or fancy place, hopefully a place locals frequent and love. The staff was great, it was hot inside, but with a picnic table outside, nothing fancy, and no glass dishes ( a must for us). The pulled pork for me was divine, and the sauce (self-serve as much as you want from inside) was fantastic. My husband was very disappointed with the brisket, and claims that even our dogs wouldn't eat it (my dog isn't so picky). Just go with us on the brisket -- get it in Texas or Georgia or at your uncle's. But I fully recommend the place for everything else (good cornbread too).

• Visited June 2013
United Arab Emirates
“Love this Joint!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Exactly what you expect a down-home bbq joint to be. I always go to the one on Link Lane, but I hear there is one now on Laurel. The lunch plates are huge and come with two sides. be repared to take som ehome. My favorite is the pulled pork: tender, smokey, and sweet. I am now craving bbq!

• Visited September 2011
“The satellite store”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2012

The temperatures are warming and the kids are starting summer vacation – Memorial Day weekend is here. It’s the season for sun, swimming, picnics and of course, barbeque. Barbeque is delicious any time of year, even during our winter blizzards with the smokers and grills covered in inches of snow. But there’s something about Memorial Day weekend and the smell of savory meats wafting through the summer breeze that makes brisket, sausage, and ribs taste better.

A few years ago we had a bit of a barbeque explosion in Fort Collins with a summer full of new BBQ restaurants to choose from. They’ve all stood the test of time (so far) and one has even expanded. In February this year, Hog Wild BBQ added a satellite store in the Laurel Alley near Cilantro Grille and Alley Cat Cafe. Their Link Lane location is still the main hub where they smoke the meats on location, then transporting goods to the small second store. I reviewed the Link Lane store a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the food.

After our visits to the alley location, we decided that we would drive the extra distance to Link Lane for the real Hog Wild experience. In this second location, something is lost – there’s less flavor, less moisture, less awesome. Because everything is freshly prepared at the hub and transported over, I think it’s getting dried out from the re-heating or warming process.

Memorial Day weekend is here and we’re all going to savor the summer flavors of sauce and BBQ. If you’re going to give Hog Wild a try, do yourself a favor and go to the main location for an accurate taste.

Visited May 2012
“best BBQ around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

I am from Kansas City we are the BBQ capitol of the world. Hog Wild always meets our BBQ cravings and we are very picky about our BBQ

Visited December 2011