“Love this Joint!”

Hog Wild BBQ
Ranked #135 of 619 Restaurants in Fort Collins
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Exactly what you expect a down-home bbq joint to be. I always go to the one on Link Lane, but I hear there is one now on Laurel. The lunch plates are huge and come with two sides. be repared to take som ehome. My favorite is the pulled pork: tender, smokey, and sweet. I am now craving bbq!

There are newer reviews for Hog Wild BBQ

Reviewed May 30, 2012

The temperatures are warming and the kids are starting summer vacation – Memorial Day weekend is here. It’s the season for sun, swimming, picnics and of course, barbeque. Barbeque is delicious any time of year, even during our winter blizzards with the smokers and grills covered in inches of snow. But there’s something about Memorial Day weekend and the smell of savory meats wafting through the summer breeze that makes brisket, sausage, and ribs taste better.

A few years ago we had a bit of a barbeque explosion in Fort Collins with a summer full of new BBQ restaurants to choose from. They’ve all stood the test of time (so far) and one has even expanded. In February this year, Hog Wild BBQ added a satellite store in the Laurel Alley near Cilantro Grille and Alley Cat Cafe. Their Link Lane location is still the main hub where they smoke the meats on location, then transporting goods to the small second store. I reviewed the Link Lane store a couple of years ago and really enjoyed the food.

After our visits to the alley location, we decided that we would drive the extra distance to Link Lane for the real Hog Wild experience. In this second location, something is lost – there’s less flavor, less moisture, less awesome. Because everything is freshly prepared at the hub and transported over, I think it’s getting dried out from the re-heating or warming process.

Memorial Day weekend is here and we’re all going to savor the summer flavors of sauce and BBQ. If you’re going to give Hog Wild a try, do yourself a favor and go to the main location for an accurate taste.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I am from Kansas City we are the BBQ capitol of the world. Hog Wild always meets our BBQ cravings and we are very picky about our BBQ

2  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed December 14, 2011

I was raised in the south and have had my share of BBQ around the country. Some people believe BBQ is just "smoked meat" where in fact is is massaged over low heat for many hours, with natural flavors reaching a crescendo at the same moment that the meat is done and the wood fire burns itself out. It is an art form that the masters at Hog Wild BBQ have honed over time.

I visit Fort Collins twice a year and ALWAYS have at least one meal at Hog Wild BBQ.

Give it a try. I promise you that you will not be disappointed.

NOTE: I just went to their website where I found out that the cook is from North Carolina and they have opened a second location in Fort Collins.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed November 27, 2007

This place is DELICIOUS!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook